Author Topic: KORG KAOSSILATOR PRO  (Read 1731 times)

Scott M2

• View Profile
    • dreamSTATE
KORG KAOSSILATOR PRO
« on: January 30, 2010, 03:27:49 PM »
A new Kaossilator is coming soon. As a Kaoss Pad nut I'll probably get one, though I'm not sure
right now where it can physically fit into my current live rig without usurping my Kaoss Pad 3.

http://korg.com/Product.aspx?pd=564#

Blackinfinity

Re: KORG KAOSSILATOR PRO
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 06:29:10 PM »
From what I have heard, the only substantial difference is the size how big the difference is I am not sure...  the other new functions are not really things you need from what I heard...or maybe it is for some people... the original in red looks way better.

Scott M2

• View Profile
    • dreamSTATE
Re: KORG KAOSSILATOR PRO
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 09:29:47 PM »
Compared to the yellow Kaossilator: there's double the sounds and the Pro has 4 synched loopers.
The Arp-Gate patterns have been replaced by a Gate-Arp with more hands-on control but not the patterns.
A very good feature is the ability to save your loops onto an SD card or into your computer.
It will be a little easier to change keys and scales on the fly but these aspects aren't saved with the 8 programs - which could have been handy.

If you're comparing it to a Kaoss Pad 3 - it's more of a preset synth (with an alternate interface) plus 4 synched loopers
vs the KP3 as an preset effect unit (with an alternate interface and with a few preset synths) plus 4 loopable samplers.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 09:36:54 PM by Scott M2 »