Author Topic: [New Release] - Premonition Factory- 59 airplanes waiting for New York  (Read 1156 times)

Premonition Factory

• View Profile
    • Premonition Factory
Hi all,
I'm happy to announce that "59 airplanes waiting for New York" is now available from the Premonition Factory store http://premonitionfactory.com/. I have attached some info for you, and you can listen to full previews of 3 tracks on
http://www.last.fm/music/Premonition+Factory/59+airplanes+waiting+for+New+York
. I hope you will enjoy this album.

Sjaak

Premonition Factory - 59 airplanes waiting for New York

Release date: February 20, 2010
Label: Longstreet Records, LSR001

Produced by: Sjaak Overgaauw
Mastered by: Dirk Serries

Package: Ltd edition 6 page digisleeve
Format: CD

"59 airplanes waiting for New York" is the debut album from Sjaak Overgaauw's Premonition Factory. Overgaauw, who lives in Antwerp, Belgium, has been writing and performing as Premonition Factory since September 2009 and worked as keyboardist and mixer on other projects in the past. The album contains six improvised ambient pieces, mastered by Dirk Serries and is released on Overgaauw's imaginary label Longstreet Records.

The music on this album is introspective, contemplative and occasionally dark. The palette of sounds is limited, unusually for a keyboard player, but the sound design is carried out with great taste and with stunning attention to detail. You won't hear typical synthesizer sounds here, but this has the effect of allowing the listener to focus solely on the performances. A great deal of the music's mesmerizing vibe draws on the fact that it is played in real-time. While some other players use multi tracking to layer different shades of sound, Overgaauw chooses to work with interactive live looping, which means sidestepping the usual linear production and mixing scenario, to give birth to the music as it manifests itself in real time.

"59 airplanes waiting for New York" will be available as a CD in a luxury digisleeve package from the Premonition Factory website and as a digital download from all good online retailers. A promo performance has been scheduled for February 20 with special guest Dirk Serries' Microphonics as support. Premonition Factory will also perform at the Antwerp Live Looping Festival on March 6 and the Ambient-Art festival in Innsbruck, Austria, later this year.
premonitionfactory.com -  Ambient drone music

mystified

• View Profile
    • Mystified Homepage
Re: [New Release] - Premonition Factory- 59 airplanes waiting for New York
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 03:29:24 PM »
Congratulations!
Thomas Park
Mystified / Mister Vapor

1000snakes

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 04:45:00 PM »
Yes, congratulations!!! I very much like what I have heard.
Peace, Kirk

Premonition Factory

• View Profile
    • Premonition Factory
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 10:25:21 AM »
Thanks! Btw, also http://www.myspace.com/premonitionfactory contains 3 tracks of the album. Enjoy :)

Sjaak
premonitionfactory.com -  Ambient drone music