MUSIC, AMBIENCE AND SOUND ART > Music Gearheads Tech Talk

Alesis Andromeda----Worth the Effort???

(1/5) > >>

Kendall Station:

I got some cash and there's an Andromeda in my town for sale for 1700. 

I've been checking these guys out for awhile, but I'm also of the school where its better to have a limited synth you know back and forth than a monster you can't tame.

Thoughts? Experiences?

\

APK:
I loved it when I played it in a store, georgeous sound ... alas was too expensive back then.

Jesse/Numina has one ... maybe he will see this post as have something to say.

Paul Vnuk (Ma Ja Le):
Honestly for around the same price...give or take $300 I would get a Prohpet 8 instead.

Jut my opinion...

Paul

mgriffin:
I haven't played with one myself, but I know that was Dave Fulton's primary instrument around the time of our Imprint album, and it sounded very good.  Of course, it was a $3000 instrument back then.

And I think Jesse/Numina is very fond of his.

LNerell:

--- Quote from: Kendall Station on January 25, 2008, 02:41:31 AM ---I've been checking these guys out for awhile, but I'm also of the school where its better to have a limited synth you know back and forth than a monster you can't tame.
--- End quote ---

Not sure what you mean here, you want something simple over complex is that what you mean?

As for the Andromeda it didn't really do much for me but then again I already have similar synths in my studio and haven't lusted after a big poly analog synth for a long time now. It does have plenty of fans though. I say go check it out and see if you like it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version