Author Topic: Dolorian  (Read 2111 times)

Blackinfinity

Dolorian
« on: March 04, 2010, 10:56:54 PM »
Dolorian is among my absolute favorite bands.

Song from the album "Voidwards"

Song "Hidden / Rising" from the Selftitled album "Dolorian"

From the album "when all the laughter has gone"

« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 07:01:43 AM by Blackinfinity »

uhurit

• View Profile
Re: Dolorian
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 11:52:00 AM »
 ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

That said, who am I to disagree with someone else's tastes, if my favorite composer is Phil Niblock...this guy who plays one note for an hour and uses 40 musicians to do it? ;D ;D

Blackinfinity

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 03:24:54 PM »
??? ??? ??? ??? ???

That said, who am I to disagree with someone else's tastes, if my favorite composer is Phil Niblock...this guy who plays one note for an hour and uses 40 musicians to do it? ;D ;D

You should definitely not disagree with my taste Cause it is much better then yours :)

ffcal

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 06:11:47 PM »
And I only listen to music made on plug-ins;)

Forrest

triksterb

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 08:24:51 PM »
Cool stuff!  Doom metal was my favorite genre in high school, so I wonder why I never heard of these guys.  They have the "right" guitar sound that I look for in doom metal.  I'm going to check them out, thanks.  And if we're talking doom here, I'll recommend a few bands.

Nortt:  One man band from Denmark who has made some of the slowest and most crushing music ever.  The second track from Ligfaerd is my favorite and is called Ligprędike:
.  He started off as funeral doom, and then later start to incorporate more dark ambient soundscapes with his awesome style and tone of crushing guitar.  I think Nortt is perfect for fans of dark ambient like Lustmord.

diSEMBOWELMENT:  Only made one album before splitting up, but that one album is legendary among doom metal fans: "Transcendance Into The Peripheral"  It may actually be the slowest album ever made, as evidenced by the best song called Burial At Ornans:
It's a shame they never made another album.

Sunn O))):  My favorite doom (well, drone doom) band.  They are the master of the low end, and are a big reason why I got into ambient music in the first place with their heavy soundscapes.  The best track is Hell-O)))-ween:
The quality is terrible and it's cut off, but if you find a high quality version, I guarantee as a doom fan you will not be disappointed.  Here's a video of them live and with their amazing guitar tone: 
.  They've been disappointing lately though, since they keep using vocals, which was fine on Black One, but it's kind of run its course now.

darkenedsoul

• View Profile
    • Official Darkened Soul Website
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2010, 07:15:20 PM »

diSEMBOWELMENT:  Only made one album before splitting up, but that one album is legendary among doom metal fans: "Transcendance Into The Peripheral"  It may actually be the slowest album ever made, as evidenced by the best song called Burial At Ornans: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv0BwlGHuR0 It's a shame they never made another album.

Slowest? You need to listen to Thergothon - Stream from the Heavens(sp) as that was some of the slowest stuff I EVER heard. And also Mournful Congregation from Australia (fantastic funeral doom) as well as Skepticism (ALL, but Alloy kicks some ass and is latest by them). I am a HUGE extreme doom fan so we can exchange PM's on bands we like ;-)

Evoken, Novembers Doom (older stuff), Officium Triste, Mael Mordha (ireland, great bunch of guys as we played with them back in '07 in Minneapolis at Heathen Crusade II), The Nihilistic Front (check em out on myspace) also from australia, Paramecium (first 3) from there as well. Dolorian is cool, got all 3 and I do love their guitar tone on the first 2 releases. Shape of Despair as well are great. Enough hijacking!

Mike

Blackinfinity

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 01:31:24 PM »
Cool stuff!  Doom metal was my favorite genre in high school, so I wonder why I never heard of these guys.  They have the "right" guitar sound that I look for in doom metal.  I'm going to check them out, thanks.  And if we're talking doom here, I'll recommend a few bands.

Nortt:  One man band from Denmark who has made some of the slowest and most crushing music ever.  The second track from Ligfaerd is my favorite and is called Ligprędike: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLYbEeRE-j0&feature=related .  He started off as funeral doom, and then later start to incorporate more dark ambient soundscapes with his awesome style and tone of crushing guitar.  I think Nortt is perfect for fans of dark ambient like Lustmord.

diSEMBOWELMENT:  Only made one album before splitting up, but that one album is legendary among doom metal fans: "Transcendance Into The Peripheral"  It may actually be the slowest album ever made, as evidenced by the best song called Burial At Ornans: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv0BwlGHuR0 It's a shame they never made another album.

Sunn O))):  My favorite doom (well, drone doom) band.  They are the master of the low end, and are a big reason why I got into ambient music in the first place with their heavy soundscapes.  The best track is Hell-O)))-ween: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ewwbp7DgtiU The quality is terrible and it's cut off, but if you find a high quality version, I guarantee as a doom fan you will not be disappointed.  Here's a video of them live and with their amazing guitar tone:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Xq9S9UY-I0 .  They've been disappointing lately though, since they keep using vocals, which was fine on Black One, but it's kind of run its course now.

Yes I know pretty much all funeral doom bands, and NORTT is one of the absolute best bands of that kind, but I strongly prefer his two first albums, his newer albums are not as good in my opinion. Of course ESOTERIC is the ultimate doom metal band if you ask me..

Something similiar to DOLORIAN, "Monumentum "

« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 01:34:05 PM by Blackinfinity »

Blackinfinity

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2010, 01:40:26 PM »

diSEMBOWELMENT:  Only made one album before splitting up, but that one album is legendary among doom metal fans: "Transcendance Into The Peripheral"  It may actually be the slowest album ever made, as evidenced by the best song called Burial At Ornans: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv0BwlGHuR0 It's a shame they never made another album.

Slowest? You need to listen to Thergothon - Stream from the Heavens(sp) as that was some of the slowest stuff I EVER heard. And also Mournful Congregation from Australia (fantastic funeral doom) as well as Skepticism (ALL, but Alloy kicks some ass and is latest by them). I am a HUGE extreme doom fan so we can exchange PM's on bands we like ;-)

Evoken, Novembers Doom (older stuff), Officium Triste, Mael Mordha (ireland, great bunch of guys as we played with them back in '07 in Minneapolis at Heathen Crusade II), The Nihilistic Front (check em out on myspace) also from australia, Paramecium (first 3) from there as well. Dolorian is cool, got all 3 and I do love their guitar tone on the first 2 releases. Shape of Despair as well are great. Enough hijacking!

Mike

Thergothon might be the slowest yes.... Worship - DOOOM album is very slow also...

El culto

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2010, 06:06:41 PM »
Quote from: Blackinfinity

And if they do things like this:

...they should be indexed right away...

Help, help...

El culto

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2010, 07:25:08 PM »
Quote from: Blackinfinity

And if they do things like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ups--V18eEg&feature=related

...they should be black listed right away...

Help, help...