Author Topic: Caprica  (Read 1458 times)

Resonant Drift

• View Profile
Caprica
« on: March 05, 2010, 09:50:46 AM »
Has anyone out there been watching the series Caprica?  I would be curious as to what some of you all think about it.

Scott M2

• View Profile
    • dreamSTATE
Re: Caprica
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 10:41:34 AM »
I bought the pilot DVD last year and we really enjoyed it.
We don't have cable - so will just wait for the DVD set to be available at a reasonable price and will surely pick it up then.
A TV reviewer for a local weekly spoke highly of the first 3 episodes. I suppose I should now avoid this thread now, in case of "spoilers".

mgriffin

• Hypnos Founder
  • Administrator
  • Life is a memory, and then it is nothing.
    • View Profile
    • www.hypnos.com
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 10:44:05 AM »
We watched the pilot and I thought it had a lot of potential, but we haven't watched it again.  Probably we'll get the first DVD set.  I hate watching TV with commercials.
[ Mike Griffin, Hypnos Recordings ] email mg (at) hypnos.com | http://hypnos.com | http://twitter.com/mgsoundvisions

Resonant Drift

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 10:48:45 AM »
I'm enjoying it quite a bit.  But I'm not sure what it would be like without watching Battlestar Galatica first.  More dramatic and gives the world(s) more background...kind of like Silmarillion did for Lord of the Rings.

modulator_esp

• the lost tribe of Em
    • View Profile
    • Modulator ESP
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 11:52:27 AM »
I quite like it, even though it is even more of an SF soap opera than BSG

darkenedsoul

• View Profile
    • Official Darkened Soul Website
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2010, 07:08:57 PM »
I have seen I think the first 3 episodes and have the last two on DVR so I need to sit down and catch up with things. It's *ok* and the dark haired one (who is cylon now) was rather cute. I am not sure what to make of it yet as it's too early to tell.

I am about to dump Warehouse 13 even though I find the female lead kinda cute/interesting but last few episodes before break were sort of "I know how it's going to end....could you telegraph it any more?" with it. And SG-U I am still not sure of either. It was not grabbing me/keeping my interest, maybe too much bitching in the series between the lead officer and the brainiac who he left stranded at end of last episode. Maybe I'm jaded!

But Caprica I hope will be interesting and fill in the timeline before BSG so we see what goes on with the Cylons et al.

Mike