Author Topic: Ken Martin  (Read 2503 times)

Blackinfinity

Ken Martin
« on: March 08, 2010, 11:48:43 PM »
Ken Martin, the Berlin School artist, I wonder what synths he is using ?  Does some one know ?
According to me he got the ultimate Berlin School sound.

Blackinfinity

Re: Ken Martin
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 10:33:02 PM »
There is two synths on one of his cd covers, could some one help me identify these ?
The one at the bottom looks like an Jupiter 8 ?

modulator_esp

• the lost tribe of Em
    • View Profile
    • Modulator ESP
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 03:01:59 AM »
It looks like top synth is a Korg MS-2000 and the bottom one is an Oberheim OB-12

Blackinfinity

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 02:48:07 PM »
Thanks for the help, yes looks like an OB-12.
I did not expect he used an digital synth, but it sounds really good.

Blackinfinity

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 01:49:43 PM »
Too my surprise I did see the OB 12 seem to have a really good second hand value... I can get it for like 700 Dollars...
It is probably worth the money.  But I read some people say it sounds like crap and not at all like an "real" oberheim, while others claim that people who claim that lack programming skills...

and the fact that Ken Martin use it should be evidence that it sounds really good.

LNerell

• View Profile
    • Personal website
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 09:02:10 AM »
Itís an Oberheim in name alone. The OB12 was made by Viscount, an Italian organ manufacture that Gibson has/had a relationship with. They also made an Oberheim organ and electronic piano further polluting the Oberheim name in my opinion.
Take care.

- Loren Nerell

Blackinfinity

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 12:13:41 PM »
Itís an Oberheim in name alone. The OB12 was made by Viscount, an Italian organ manufacture that Gibson has/had a relationship with. They also made an Oberheim organ and electronic piano further polluting the Oberheim name in my opinion.

Yeap I know this, it is not a "real" oberheim.  But for that price it seem to have a good value..
With some external effects like Lexicon Reverb etc i am sure it can sound really good...
I really need a good hardware synth that is good for modulation...

Anyway...I also saw Matrix 12 for sale on an swedish website.  For 4900 USD in top condition.
It is a lot of money..I did send him a message atleast and asked if he could lower the price little bit...
I actually got the money..but the original plan was to buy H8000fw + Axe FX processor....
But it is not very often you find a Matrix 12 in top condition, at least not here in Sweden.