Author Topic: Now Playing - the video game edition  (Read 64877 times)

Ein Sophistry

• View Profile
Re: Now Playing - the video game edition
« Reply #140 on: May 17, 2015, 08:29:45 PM »
Anyone playing Bloodborne? Mike's recent post on CthulhuCon made me think of it. I'm a n00b to the Souls games, so it's been a bit of a...frustrating experience acclimating to the difficulty, but the strangeness of the lore (there are a lot of Lovecraftian elements there) keeps me coming back for more punishment.

Trailers:

stargazer

• View Profile
Re: Now Playing - the video game edition
« Reply #141 on: November 30, 2016, 05:35:51 AM »
Dear Esther is definitely an interesting experience. It's not quite a game. A better definition would be interactive fiction. It lasts around two hours, and is best played in one sitting. And I'll admit at the end I was moved, and shed a manly tear. I blame it on good timing of visuals and music. ;D

Thanks for the info guys.
Dear Ester does look interesting, but obviously short and perhaps without replay value.

We played "Dear Esther" over the last days. It is a fantastic game. I am deeply fascinated by the mystic and emotion it contains. Not only the pictures but especially the story is captivating and wondrous. There is a deeper sense behind the story that stretches out to the edges of time and space. But, how to understand the game and story, is left all alone to the player. I definitely recommend the replaying.

www.dear-esther.com

« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 06:04:00 AM by stargazer »