Author Topic: How do you do?  (Read 30143 times)

Scott M2

• View Profile
    • dreamSTATE
Re: How do you do?
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2010, 06:52:29 PM »
My person, Lynn, is a teacher and has this week off for March break (here in Toronto, Canada)
so I booked a week off work to share time with her. We've done a lot of running around and medical & hair
appointments and such but today we finally got to spend the day in art galleries down on Queen St. W.
after a nice Ethiopian vegan brunch. The weather was sunny and warm. We met one of the artist/photographers
we discovered in one gallery and got some extra insight to his work. (He's deep, deep into Photoshop manipulations.)
A good day. Checking my e-mail/forums now and will catalog video footage for an hour or so before bed. Good-night all!

cromag

• Just slightly off-topic
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2010, 09:05:58 PM »
Hi, again.  I'm Kevin, a stay-at-home dad in New Jersey.

Unlike many on this forum, I'm just a music listener, not a music maker.  Back in the 60s I tried my hand at making some music that I was interested in hearing and no one else was making -- my high school girlfriend said it sounded like a toilet flushing in a windstorm, and went back to listening to top 40 music on her transistor radio*.  At night I secretly listed to Lothar and the Hand People, the United States of America (wore the grooves off that one!), etc.   (* Interestingly, long after we broke up a mutual friend mentioned that she was hooked on the humpback whale song LP I gave her!)

My current projects include installing an antenna farm in the attic to pick up digital TV from distant Philadelphia -- my wife doesn't get the same "thrill of the hunt" that comes from rotating the rabbit ears to find a signal.  I'm also trying to figure the best way to hack a CompactFlash card to replace the hard disk in my Creative Zen Sleek.  Oh ... and the dishwasher finally crapped out -- I'm looking into how to fix it.

Otherwise, driving my two teenagers back and forth from everywhere keeps me pretty busy!
Science News, Vol. 175, No. 9, April 25, 2009, page 1 -- "New mapping of the human genome shows none of us are normal."

judd stephens

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2010, 09:32:31 PM »

At this time I am working in a ambient/world music duo called Isshin Denshin. I cover the electronic end and Alcvin Ramos plays shakuhachi and a number of other flutes and instruments. We are working on a CD and have been playing a number of venues. We have been blessed to be joined by gifted musicians and special guests. I am excited by this project. For more details check out:

http://www.myspace.com/isshindenshin

Peace, Kirk

Sounds cool Kirk.  You should keep us posted.

9dragons

• The Viatorium Press - Dedicated to the Weird
    • View Profile
    • The Viatorium Press - Dedicated to the Weird
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2010, 12:57:41 AM »
I had a monumental session of printing today and am enjoying glasses of beer. I enjoy this forum so much, and the regulars here. Wow, I lurked for a couple of years, then finally signed on when I moved to Seattle from China back in 2005. I remember the big crash when the posts were all wiped out. How many years ago was that? I've personally contacted one or two of you on the forum, but, inspired by this thread especially, I hope to become better aquainted with people here in the near future. Life is too short not to make more friends. And I am looking forward to meeting some forumites up here in the Northwest when Robert Rich comes to our area. My spare futon is open if anyone needs to crash in Seattle for the gig.

I compulsively check this forum, and get a little sad when the posts die out and things seem to go in hibernation. There has been good activity lately, it is now fun to check back in more frequently.

I used to be an English teacher, now I am studying printing and graphic design. It has taken over my life, and I get an immense amount of joy from doing it. This happiness keeps me fairly firmly rooted in Seattle, though I am deeply in love with the city of Portland, where I got to live for six months. Before that, I lived for years just travelling and working around the world.

Hypnos and ambient in general became a great part of my life in troubled times during these travels. Kept me grounded, for which I am thankful.

I will be highlighting artistic activities and such during the coming days. I like how the musicians here really get into it, but I want to start something for the artists and illustrators, and potentially get things going for audio/visual collaboration projects. To plug my work, I'd like to mention my brother's music at uccelloprojects.blogspot.com. Very good music and amazing letterpress packaging designed by myself and printed in Portland by Stumptown printers thanks to Mike's recommendation!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 01:00:23 AM by 9dragons »

mgriffin

• Hypnos Founder
  • Administrator
  • Life is a memory, and then it is nothing.
    • View Profile
    • www.hypnos.com
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2010, 04:27:00 PM »
I had a monumental session of printing today and am enjoying glasses of beer. I enjoy this forum so much, and the regulars here. Wow, I lurked for a couple of years, then finally signed on when I moved to Seattle from China back in 2005. I remember the big crash when the posts were all wiped out. How many years ago was that? I've personally contacted one or two of you on the forum, but, inspired by this thread especially, I hope to become better aquainted with people here in the near future. Life is too short not to make more friends. And I am looking forward to meeting some forumites up here in the Northwest when Robert Rich comes to our area. My spare futon is open if anyone needs to crash in Seattle for the gig.

I compulsively check this forum, and get a little sad when the posts die out and things seem to go in hibernation. There has been good activity lately, it is now fun to check back in more frequently.

I used to be an English teacher, now I am studying printing and graphic design. It has taken over my life, and I get an immense amount of joy from doing it. This happiness keeps me fairly firmly rooted in Seattle, though I am deeply in love with the city of Portland, where I got to live for six months. Before that, I lived for years just travelling and working around the world.

Hypnos and ambient in general became a great part of my life in troubled times during these travels. Kept me grounded, for which I am thankful.

I will be highlighting artistic activities and such during the coming days. I like how the musicians here really get into it, but I want to start something for the artists and illustrators, and potentially get things going for audio/visual collaboration projects. To plug my work, I'd like to mention my brother's music at uccelloprojects.blogspot.com. Very good music and amazing letterpress packaging designed by myself and printed in Portland by Stumptown printers thanks to Mike's recommendation!

Thanks for the kind words about Hypnos.  Mutual flattery time -- we just received a box from Hic Sunt Leones and the two digipaks with your artwork on them are really beautiful!  Great job.
[ Mike Griffin, Hypnos Recordings ] email mg (at) hypnos.com | http://hypnos.com | http://twitter.com/mgsoundvisions

SunDummy

• "Calm seas do not create good mariners."
    • View Profile
    • SunDummy.com
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2010, 10:46:54 PM »
I always like the look of your home and surroundings, Sundummy -- though it's unbelievably harsh that you've been carrying two mortgages for, what, two years?!

Yeah, I like where we live; if we could just sell our old house we'd be set.  It's been 2.5 years, and not a single offer.  This market is HELL!!! >:(
I wish I was a Glowworm; a Glowworm's never glum. 'Cause how can you be grumpy, when the sun shines out your bum?

www.sundummy.com