Author Topic: ONE THOUSAND PULSES May Sweeps featuring SPYRA, ROBERT RICH & NORTHERN VALENTINE  (Read 1131 times)

darren bergstein

• View Profile
Hello to all:

Announcing OTP's May Sweeps, comprising a veritable trifecta of innovative electronic musicians whose performances promise to be some of the highlights of our already eclectic schedule:

> MAY 8 — SPYRA • Germany's finest current import, marrying keyboard/synth prowess to innovative prog style-shifts, post-Berlin School tropes and contemporary rhythm/space trucking. www.derspyra.de

> MAY 15 — ROBERT RICH • Rich's dynamic body of work is already sui generis in the electronica community, culminating in the densely-woven tapestries of his recent Ylang, tribal exotica from the fourth world bleeding across landscapes etched in silicon beauty. www.robertrich.com

> MAY 22 — NORTHERN VALENTINE • Pennsylvania's premier spheric drone masters, using guitars, drums & keyboards to create strangely hauntological climes of twilight zone shadings, dark stars of the id. www.northernvalentine.com

Seating is limited for all our events, and as pre-sales have already begun, it is strongly advised to purchase tickets in advance to secure a reserved seat — do so here:

www.mycommunitytickets.com/organization_info.asp?orgid=1521

And, of course, for all further info: www.onethousandpulses.com

We hope to see you here!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 02:30:59 PM by darren bergstein »
DARREN BERGSTEIN
> Periphery & Anodize / tactile visual audio / www.otperiphery.com / www.anodizesound.com
> Groupthink / wayward electroacoustic murmurings / www.groupthinksounds.com
> e: eimag@verizon.net

Scott Raymond

• View Profile
So who's going to these shows? I've already got my tickets for Spyra and Robert Rich, and quite possibly Northern Valentine as well. Should be a great set of shows.

Scott Raymond
WVKR-FM

Scott Raymond
WVKR-FM
16 Penn St.
Fishkill, NY 12524
newage@secretmusic.net

darren bergstein

• View Profile
Just two days until Spyra's OTP debut, bringing his particular of modular madness to our listening space. We hope you can join us for this unique event!
DARREN BERGSTEIN
> Periphery & Anodize / tactile visual audio / www.otperiphery.com / www.anodizesound.com

APK

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • DataObscura
Hope you get a full turnout for Spyra, Darren.
I'd certainly be there if I were nearer ... and over the border.
Should be excellent.
www.dataobscura.com
www.dataobscura.com/apk
The Circular Ruins / Lammergeyer / Nunc Stans

darren bergstein

• View Profile
Thanks for the well-wishing, Anthony. :)

Spyra performed two excellent sets, moving back & forth from "acoustic" (re, "guitar") flavored pieces spiced with sequencer to full out mythic Berlin School works, all with his own unique signature. Constantly playing on an Ensoniq keyboard, he rattled off some wonderful lead lines and some hefty improvs, riffing on pieces old & new. Superb evening all around. (Video clips to be posted on the OTP site this week.)

Prepping for Robert this Saturday—pre-sales have been strong & steady, so i expect quite a healthy audience for his Northeast New Jersey debut. In fact, a reminder: there are still seats available, but I can't vouch for quantity as the weekend draws nearer; those of you considering attending would be advised to purchase advance tickets to reserve your spot... :)

DARREN BERGSTEIN