Author Topic: ONE THOUSAND PULSES presents ROBERT RICH Saturday, May 15  (Read 1056 times)

Anodize DB

• View Profile
ONE THOUSAND PULSES presents ROBERT RICH Saturday, May 15
« on: May 10, 2010, 09:58:23 AM »
ONE THOUSAND PULSES presents

An Evening with ROBERT RICH

SATURDAY MAY 15

DOORS OPEN @ 7:30 PM • PERFORMANCE @ 8 PM

ADMISSION:
$15 advance ticket • $18 at the door

LOCATION: 9 Edward Place, Woodcliff Lake NJ 07677 USA • 201.316.5403

PRE-PAY & SECURE YOUR RESERVATION BY CLICKING HERE:
http://www.mycommunitytickets.com/organization_info.asp?orgid=1521

FOR DIRECTIONS & FURTHER INFORMATION:
http://www.onethousandpulses.com

Robert Rich hardly needs an introduction to members & trawlers of this forum. No doubt across three decades and over 30 albums, Rich has helped define numerous electronic music genres, be they ambient, dark-ambient, tribal and trance, yet his music remains hard to categorize. Part of his unique sound comes from using homemade acoustic and electronic instruments, microtonal harmonies, computer-based signal processing, chaotic systems and feedback networks.

Rich began building his own analog synthesizers in 1976, when he was 13 years old, and later studied for a year at Stanford’s Center for Computer Research in Music and Acoustics (CCRMA), releasing his first album, Sunyata, in 1982. Most of his subsequent recordings came out in Europe until 1989, when Rich began a string of critically acclaimed releases for Fathom/Hearts of Space, including Rainforest, Gaudí, Propagation, and Seven Veils, in addition to the two esteemed collaborations with Steve Roach, Strata and Soma. Rich has also worked with fellow luminaries Alio Die, Brian Lustmord & Ian Boddy, all of which yielded their own particularly fetching & expertly designed topographies.

Live albums such as Calling Down the Sky and the three-CD set, Humidity, document the unique improvised flow of his performances. As anyone who has witnessed him on stage over the last 20+years, a live Rich performance is an often stunning sensorium of liquified electronic textures underpinned by multi-kulti rhythms, wind instruments, languid washes of guitar and numerous other exotic acoustics, an experience not to be missed.

http://www.robertrich.com

• • • • •

One Thousand Pulses is a home concert series featuring artists operating throughout the spectrum of electronic and experimental music. From our base in northeast New Jersey, we provide a truly dynamic, connective, and resonant experience for both performer and audience, the foundation for a broad-based network of similar venues initiated on local, regional, and national levels.
DARREN BERGSTEIN
> Anodize / tactile visual audio /  www.anodizesound.com / www.otperiphery.com
> Groupthink / wayward electroacoustic murmurings / www.groupthinksounds.com
> e: anodizesound@verizon.net

Brian Bieniowski

• View Profile
    • Quiet Sounds Podcast
Re: ONE THOUSAND PULSES presents ROBERT RICH Saturday, May 15
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 06:13:25 AM »
Had a terrific time at your place last night, Darren!  Robert played a terrific set and it was also a pleasure to meet Ben Fleury-Steiner and Scott Raymond from the forum.  Can't beat the location either (a mere 40 minute drive for me), though I have to admit I found your epic CD collection distracting to say the least!

Anodize DB

• View Profile
Re: ONE THOUSAND PULSES presents ROBERT RICH Saturday, May 15
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 10:08:07 AM »
Had a terrific time at your place last night, Darren!  Robert played a terrific set and it was also a pleasure to meet Ben Fleury-Steiner and Scott Raymond from the forum.  Can't beat the location either (a mere 40 minute drive for me), though I have to admit I found your epic CD collection distracting to say the least!

:)

thanks for coming out to the event, brian - it was indeed a superb performance by robert. hope to see you for future events.

highlights from both robert & spyra's show to be posted on the OTP site over the next day or so.
DARREN BERGSTEIN
> Anodize / tactile visual audio /  www.anodizesound.com / www.otperiphery.com
> Groupthink / wayward electroacoustic murmurings / www.groupthinksounds.com
> e: anodizesound@verizon.net