Author Topic: Mixers  (Read 1631 times)

LNerell

• View Profile
    • Personal website
Mixers
« on: June 01, 2010, 09:37:55 AM »
Anyone into mixers? I'm looking for a new one for some live use. Been thinking about the Presonus Studiolive boards, here's a picture of one:

I'd like to have something with firewire connections if possible.  Feel free to post any boards you find of interest.
Take care.

- Loren Nerell

APK

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • DataObscura
Re: Mixers
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 11:39:43 AM »
That's a very handsome Presonus !

I do have an Alesis Multimix 12 connected to one of my computers. Much cheaper. Not sure they sell the 12 any more, but it works fine. Its firewire and can send all its outputs to the computer and receive a pair to output to your amp/monitors/headphones. Also has some basic effects. May not be the quality you are after, but excellent bang for the buck and very handy for live gigs.
www.dataobscura.com
www.dataobscura.com/apk
The Circular Ruins / Lammergeyer / Nunc Stans

LNerell

• View Profile
    • Personal website
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 09:57:04 AM »
Thanks for the head's up on the Multimix. I remember them when they came out about four years ago, was thinking about getting one then. I would need 16 channels but I seem to remember they made a 16 channel version. Looking around the  only ones I see for sale new or used are USB2, I'll keep it in mind though.
Take care.

- Loren Nerell

APK

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • DataObscura
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 10:21:09 AM »
Yep, there was a 12 and 16 firewire. Seems they have switched to USB for current models.
Amazing how fast some things are dropped.
www.dataobscura.com
www.dataobscura.com/apk
The Circular Ruins / Lammergeyer / Nunc Stans