Author Topic: Forrest Fang on WFMU blog  (Read 1317 times)

Brian Bieniowski

• View Profile
    • Quiet Sounds Podcast
Forrest Fang on WFMU blog
« on: June 24, 2010, 07:17:29 AM »
Came across this today ... scroll down for a little feature on one of Forrest's forgotten classics:

http://blog.wfmu.org/freeform/2010/06/blogpost-15.html

Some of us wouldn't mind owning a copy of this one, Forrest!  Any copies lying around the garage?

ffcal

• View Profile
Re: Forrest Fang on WFMU blog
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 10:49:10 PM »
Gee, we'll that's pretty strange!  I made only 200 of those, and you can tell it was a pseudo bootleg sticker-on-the-cover job.  My first album made during college, at the dawn of the DIY era.  Some things are better left lost in the mists of my lower basement;)...I probably still have copies of the album floating around somewhere, but couldn't tell you where.

Just yesterday, I picked up a reissue of two mid-to-late 70s  albums by my electronic music teacher in college, Tom Hamilton.  I recorded 'Blackboard' in the same campus studio where I studied EM with him!  How's that for synchronicity?

Forrest

LNerell

• View Profile
    • Personal website
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 11:38:12 AM »
Hey Forrest,

Did you also record Some Brighter Stars in that same studio?  I have that one on vinyl. I haven't listen to that one in a while, I'll have to give it a spin today.  :)
Take care.

- Loren Nerell

ffcal

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 08:16:53 PM »
Hey Forrest,

Did you also record Some Brighter Stars in that same studio?  I have that one on vinyl. I haven't listen to that one in a while, I'll have to give it a spin today.  :)

Hi Loren,

Yes, 'Some Brighter Stars' was recorded in the same studio as Blackboard.  My first extended attempt at working with tape delay, using two 2-track Otaris.

Forrest