Author Topic: Mysterious 1/3 of SOTL  (Read 880 times)

Ferngerms

• View Profile
Mysterious 1/3 of SOTL
« on: July 01, 2010, 12:12:59 AM »
Was just wondering if anyone has heard of the group "Ultrasound" which features the mysterious Kirk Laktas from "Stars Of The Lid" fame.  Was perusing my Mystery Sea collection and I popped in the Ultrasound "Econium" disk into  the player and was blown away at the quality of Drone on offer....very bleak "Ballasted Orchestra" and  "Music For Nitrous Oxide" drone bliss...since I don't have any other disc from this mysterious trio: Ultra Sound...was wondering if anyone had any other reccomendations.

If drone is your thing I highly reccomend you seek out this disc...at all cost!!!

Fern

drone on

• View Profile
Re: Mysterious 1/3 of SOTL
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 12:35:00 AM »
Bleak drone bliss is my favorite! That Ultrasound release is super hard to find, and one of the "holes" in my Mystery Sea collection. 

np: Brand/Disturbed Earth-"Broken Gold" BDB (bleak drone bliss) all over this one, like drowning in some murky lake and falling slowly to the bottom

Brian Bieniowski

• View Profile
    • Quiet Sounds Podcast
Re: Mysterious 1/3 of SOTL
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 08:56:11 AM »
I've got a 12" with Ultrasound on it.  It's a split with Drona Parva on Time Lag.  Both sides are very good.  It's a tribute to Popol Vuh, though the music is a bit more electronic than the usual PV fare.