Author Topic: Late Night Electric Guitar Ambient (Non-drone)  (Read 4482 times)

Numina

• View Profile
Re: Late Night Electric Guitar Ambient (Non-drone)
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2010, 03:15:32 PM »
Cool... I just read this guy has worked with the Mission U.K. & Stephen Kent, AND lived in Colorado for some time.  Interesting.

Judd - if you'd like to come by some time and have a listen just ring me up.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 03:17:51 PM by Numina »

mgriffin

• Hypnos Founder
  • Administrator
  • Life is a memory, and then it is nothing.
    • View Profile
    • www.hypnos.com
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2010, 03:20:01 PM »
...just took a chance on it based on the fact there's a track titled "Numinous"  ;) and the artwork and instrument credits sounded like it would be ambient music and and got lucky - one of the better deals I've made. 

God, this made me think of how often I used to pick up music because the cover artwork, titles, or instrument credits made it seem interesting.  That was a different world of music, when you could pick up a cheap, interesting-looking record and take a chance on it.
[ Mike Griffin, Hypnos Recordings ] email mg (at) hypnos.com | http://hypnos.com | http://twitter.com/mgsoundvisions

Numina

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2010, 04:28:45 PM »
Mike - yeah, no kidding.  I guess I'm old school! I sort of feel that for the most part I know what I'm looking for these days but there's always that surprise here and there.

judd stephens

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2010, 10:31:30 PM »
I did try Halma's Back to Pascal.  It's got a nice vibe throughout, and that Sylken recommendation is a good one- at least it's the pace I was kind of looking for.  Thanks all for the recommendations.  Jesse, will be in touch.  Sounds like your find was indeed quite numinous...