Author Topic: THE ETERNAL LIGHT OF WILL my humble tribute to musician Bill Nelson  (Read 2566 times)

Sonic Soul Searcher

• View Profile
    • Garden of Surreal Dreams
 :) Hi to all you fine folk here,
I've decided to put this older musical offering up on Soundclick. It's called The Eternal Light of Will and was my contribution to the Confessions of Young Moderns tribute to Bill Nelson 3CD set. This was the first track recorded under the name Garden of Surreal Dreams in September 2000, after a number years absence from making music, so although it has a few small gremlins present, it really has a special place in my heart.

Here's a direct link to this track if you'd like to listen:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=662928&songID=6190630

It's a journey in a way and goes through a number of changes during the almost six minutes duration. The vocals don't come in until over half way (excluding the spoken voice sample near the beginning). For this track I've used 12-string semi acoustic guitar, 6-string electric guitars, digital synthesizer, drum machine, vocals, plus limited hand percussion (home-made shaker & Circulon saucepan lids nice tone man!). Play loud and you'll get a nice surprise when the drum beat eventually kicks in!

Listening back after all these years, the vocals seem a bit too low in the mix, so you might want to check the lyrics to appreciate what's being sung. I may re-record it sometime with better production values, but for now I like to think of it as one of my very slightly rough diamonds.

Thanks for reading and, in advance, for listening.
Hope you can hear the passion that went into this track and please let me know if you enjoy it.
Garden  ;)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 06:41:16 PM by Garden of Surreal Dreams »