Author Topic: IREZUMI debut CD on my own label (ambient music)  (Read 12735 times)

Hana

• View Profile
    • snowblood
IREZUMI debut CD on my own label (ambient music)
« on: January 31, 2008, 08:52:40 PM »
Hello

Despite the fact ambient music partly disappeared in Europe and that CD selling are collapsing (in Europe too... I dont know for USA),
I recently created a label called Snowblood, devoted to ambient music.
We release CD with nice design and packaging (no jewel case).

I just released my debut CD. The project is Irezumi, a new artist based in Europa.

www.myspace.com/irezumimusic

Here is our website : www.snowblood.eu
You can get info, my email contact or you can order from there.

I am also searching for distributors in USA. If some nice people here can help me it would be great!

Thanks a lot.

jkn

• Global Moderator
  • cake or death? cake please.
    • View Profile
    • Relaxed Machinery
Re: IREZUMI debut CD on my own label (ambient music)
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 05:01:16 AM »
Welcome to the forum!
John Koch-Northrup .: jkn [AT] johei.com .: owner / artist .: http://relaxedmachinery.com .: http://twitter.com/jkn .: http://flickr.com/johei

Hana

• View Profile
    • snowblood
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 08:17:18 AM »

APK

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • DataObscura
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 08:35:06 AM »
That is a very enjoyable Irezumi track on your site.
I wish you well with the new label.
www.dataobscura.com
www.dataobscura.com/apk
The Circular Ruins / Lammergeyer / Nunc Stans

Ben Fleury-Steiner

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 09:15:34 AM »
han
Hello

Despite the fact ambient music partly disappeared in Europe and that CD selling are collapsing (in Europe too... I dont know for USA),
I recently created a label called Snowblood, devoted to ambient music.
We release CD with nice design and packaging (no jewel case).

I just released my debut CD. The project is Irezumi, a new artist based in Europa.

www.myspace.com/irezumimusic

Here is our website : www.snowblood.eu
You can get info, my email contact or you can order from there.

I am also searching for distributors in USA. If some nice people here can help me it would be great!

Thanks a lot.

hi hana--

very nice sound...yes, the whole corporate music industry is plunging here as well..but who actually cares?  we small label operators (mine is: www.gearsofsand.net) are here to keep the tradition of this beautiful music alive...indie ambient/experimental atmospheric music labels will never make a lot of money...the goal I think is to not go too far into debt, try to break even, and invest any profits into steadily improving the quality of yr releases...

It's a labor of love, right?

best wishes with snowblood and great to have you here on the forum--I think you will enjoy it here as there are many, many passionate people who have made tremendous sacrifices to keep this wonderful artform thriving ! 

ben

p.s. as for possible U.S. distros:

Hypnos
Aquarius Records
Backroads

« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 09:19:39 AM by Ben Fleury-Steiner »

mgriffin

• Hypnos Founder
  • Administrator
  • Life is a memory, and then it is nothing.
    • View Profile
    • www.hypnos.com
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2008, 10:48:18 AM »
Welcome Hana, and I wish you luck with your label.

Actually I've already been contacted by someone else with Snowblood about getting copies of this CD, and will respond soon.
[ Mike Griffin, Hypnos Recordings ] email mg (at) hypnos.com | http://hypnos.com | http://twitter.com/mgsoundvisions

Undershadow

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2008, 12:19:09 PM »
I enjoyed the tracks on the myspace player. Put me in mind variously of Biosphere, Netherworld, Asmorod, and maybe the lighter side of some of those Cyclic Law label types like Kammarheit and Northaunt (and that was even before I saw a couple of those names as Irezumi's "friends"). I clicked on another of Irezumi's Antarctican Snowblood friends, and the tracks from Eksynyt sound good, and similarly inclined sonically, too. Seems like The Glacial is taking over:

http://www.myspace.com/eksynyt1

Hana

• View Profile
    • snowblood
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2008, 12:45:00 PM »
Thank you, everyone.

as for possible U.S. distros:
Aquarius Records
Backroads

I will try it. Thank.

Actually I've already been contacted by someone else with Snowblood about getting copies of this CD, and will respond soon.

Oh I see. It must be Stark from Poland.
I am waiting for your news then...

enjoyed the tracks on the myspace player. Put me in mind variously of Biosphere, Netherworld, Asmorod, and maybe the lighter side of some of those Cyclic Law label types like Kammarheit and Northaunt (and that was even before I saw a couple of those names as Irezumi's "friends"). I clicked on another of Irezumi's Antarctican Snowblood friends, and the tracks from Eksynyt sound good, and similarly inclined sonically, too. Seems like The Glacial is taking over:

Actually I am gonna release next Asmorod and Kammarheit stuffs, so I think there is a connection between all these artists you have right (something not so light, not so dark, with somekind spiritual feeling).
As for Eksynyt, he is very young composer (18 years old). We will see if it is possible to release something by him in the futur.

lena

• Hypnos Manager/Life Manager
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • hypnos.com
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2008, 03:30:30 PM »
Hi Hana~

Welcome to the forum, and best of luck with your new label.
When I die, I'm leaving my body to science fiction.

jim brenholts

• View Profile
    • rigel orionis
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2008, 04:05:16 PM »
nice sound!
all the best and God bless
jim
www.rigelorionis.com

judd stephens

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2008, 05:34:44 PM »
Seems like The Glacial is taking over:

Ditto.  My point of reference it reminded me of was Craig Padilla's Vostok, and maybe the early Harold Budd works.  Very good winter music, worthy of my puny American dollars. 

darren bergstein

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2008, 02:44:41 PM »
hi hana:

listened to a number of the samples on your myspace site and want to congratulate you on what appears to be a superb piece of work! i look forward to the full recording and to future releases on your label.

petekelly

• View Profile
    • LuminaSounds
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2008, 09:25:19 AM »
Very stylish design and aesthetics.

Interesting material (Irezumi), but the line on the snowblood site referring to him as 'Without any
doubt the best ambient artist of his generation,...' may be contentious.

I do like the 'Eksynyt' tracks I must say.

cheers
Pete   

Undershadow

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2008, 03:43:23 PM »
[...] the line on the snowblood site referring to him as 'Without any doubt the best ambient artist of his generation,...' may be contentious.[...]

Absolutely. I'd contend any claim made regarding anyone being the the best anything "without any doubt", at least when dealing with unquantifiable performance. I suppose labels see themselves as being allowed a certain promotional licence where press blurbs are concerned.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 03:50:34 PM by Undershadow »

APK

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • DataObscura
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2008, 03:49:50 PM »
Indeed !
www.dataobscura.com
www.dataobscura.com/apk
The Circular Ruins / Lammergeyer / Nunc Stans

mgriffin

• Hypnos Founder
  • Administrator
  • Life is a memory, and then it is nothing.
    • View Profile
    • www.hypnos.com
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2008, 03:56:32 PM »
When I read hyperbole like that, I tend to be more skeptical of everything else surrounding it.  The sound clips I've heard of that Irezumi project are good enough that they don't need outsized rhetoric like that supporting them.  A more understated promotional text would actually be more effective.
[ Mike Griffin, Hypnos Recordings ] email mg (at) hypnos.com | http://hypnos.com | http://twitter.com/mgsoundvisions

Undershadow

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2008, 04:15:21 PM »
Suggestions to render it a more modest/honest claim, making use of what academic writing style guides call “hedging devices”:

Quite possibly the best ambient artist of his generation,...”
“The best ambient artist of his generation beginning with the letter “I”,...”
According to a bunch of blokes in Antarctica, the best ambient artist of his generation...”

I agree with Mike - the music's good enough to stand up for itself without the performance-enhancing prose.

Hana

• View Profile
    • snowblood
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2008, 10:15:08 AM »
Thank for your suggestions.

I am a Korean living in France, I do not speak English very well, so sorry I dont understand things like “hedging devices”.
But I agree with what I understood and I fixed the text with "Quite possibly the best ambient artist of his generation". Thank.
As indicated on the blog (January 10th, 2008 by Asmo), I did not write this text. It is Asmorod, and he wanted to say that he did not know an European artist from this young age making such good ambient music. But I think it was most of all ironic because all labels that we know here  (german, italian, austrian, polish dark/ambient ,industrial ,darkfolk ones...) have tendencies to write on their flyer "new masterpiece of...", and often the music is terribly bad.

petekelly

• View Profile
    • LuminaSounds
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2008, 12:17:40 PM »
Hana,

Don't be concerned that you may not understand some of Alan's (Undershadow) writings.
I'm English and I don't always follow them !
I think he's working on a new variant of the english language :)

cheers
Pete

Seren

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2008, 12:53:28 PM »
Thank for your suggestions.

I am a Korean living in France, I do not speak English very well, so sorry I dont understand things like “hedging devices”.
But I agree with what I understood and I fixed the text with "Quite possibly the best ambient artist of his generation". Thank.
As indicated on the blog (January 10th, 2008 by Asmo), I did not write this text. It is Asmorod, and he wanted to say that he did not know an European artist from this young age making such good ambient music. But I think it was most of all ironic because all labels that we know here  (german, italian, austrian, polish dark/ambient ,industrial ,darkfolk ones...) have tendencies to write on their flyer "new masterpiece of...", and often the music is terribly bad.

and at 18 he is young...at 46 I am not...any other youngbloods out there creating like this?