Author Topic: Grassow on BC  (Read 4785 times)

drone on

• View Profile
Re: Grassow on BC
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2015, 10:05:30 AM »
In addition to the box I ordered two other ltd grassow discs on this same label.  Opus Posthumum is a reissue and Harmonia Mundi is the other disc.  Both are pressed CD's ltd to 100 copies.

chris23

• View Profile
    • bandcamp profile
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2015, 08:05:23 PM »
I ordered the box too; the Bandcamp tracks really hooked me, not to mention the beautiful artwork.

Wanterkeelt

• Do you know this man ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2015, 04:23:35 AM »
In addition to the box I ordered two other ltd grassow discs on this same label.  Opus Posthumum is a reissue and Harmonia Mundi is the other disc.  Both are pressed CD's ltd to 100 copies.

Harmonia Mundi is one of my favourite Grassow releases.

drone on

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2015, 01:38:02 PM »
Oh cool!  I couldn't find any info or samples on Harmonia, so nice to know it's a good one.

drone on

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2015, 03:29:33 PM »
So I now have these three GS Productions releases of Grassow.  Opus Posthumum is fantastic.  Goes through several suites throughout even though it's like one long track.  Harmonia Mundi excellent too, like a cross between his Himalaya and Thom Brennan The Path Not Taken (minus the percussion).  The box set is a real monster.  Trying to absorb the four CDs.  Excellent interview w/Grassow inside on the tray inserts.  Nice to read.

chris23

• View Profile
    • bandcamp profile
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2015, 07:54:58 PM »
Glad to hear the praise on some of the other GS discs. The 4-disc set arrived here a couple of days ago and I'm loving it. You're right: It is a lot to absorb. I'm especially fond of the first disc. The second one is a bit monotonous, even for drone work. The artwork is lovely.

Wanterkeelt

• Do you know this man ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2015, 12:12:01 AM »
So I now have these three GS Productions releases of Grassow.  Opus Posthumum is fantastic.  Goes through several suites throughout even though it's like one long track.  Harmonia Mundi excellent too, like a cross between his Himalaya and Thom Brennan The Path Not Taken (minus the percussion).  The box set is a real monster.  Trying to absorb the four CDs.  Excellent interview w/Grassow inside on the tray inserts.  Nice to read.

Glad you like all 3 works. Last weekend I took the FLACs of the boxset with me on a +- 4 hour forest walk. Really a great feeling. As mentioned by chris23, disc 2 is the weaker part of the box set, but the rest is fantastic.

richardgurtler

• View Profile
    • My Discogs profile and shop
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2015, 11:55:06 PM »
Yeah, "AeroAreA" 4CD is a monster release, my order arrived few days ago from Mathias. Can't wait to enter the Drone heaven during the coming hours and days... It's really nice to see this Russian label releasing Mathias, even if their main focus is trash, hardcore, doom... Kudos to Mathias, Vitaly of GS Productions & 121 for mastering, keep on going, guys!!!

Richard

richardgurtler

• View Profile
    • My Discogs profile and shop
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2015, 10:54:35 AM »
Drifting through "Celestial Oasis", what a journey!!!

Richard

Wanterkeelt

• Do you know this man ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2015, 01:06:28 AM »
I especially love the part starting at 34 minutes where G-A-E-G-D-E melody kicks in

Drifting through "Celestial Oasis", what a journey!!!

Richard

Poaalpina

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2016, 07:51:29 PM »
Mathias Grassow & Siegmar Fricke "Orgon" - 2016 --> https://mathiasgrassow.bandcamp.com/album/2016-orgon
Ambient DNA