Author Topic: Albums similar to Simon Lomax/Maitreya - Telluric Waves  (Read 75 times)

kajmanen

• View Profile
Albums similar to Simon Lomax/Maitreya - Telluric Waves
« on: December 08, 2018, 12:53:48 PM »
I dont know how many times I have been listening to this album (guess around 200+). Its so great. So much depth and texture. Sounds come in and out it such delicate subtle ways like other ambient producers doesnt seem to master. Its not loud and obtrusive.

Im looking for albums that posseses the same qualites or resamble this one.

Thanks.

chris23

• View Profile
    • bandcamp profile
Re: Albums similar to Simon Lomax/Maitreya - Telluric Waves
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 09:00:55 AM »
That's a great album. Have you checked out some of the albums by 36? They are similar in spirit, at least in my opinion. There is a certain "sound" that I associate with some of the ambient that emerged in the early Biosphere days in the UK and Europe that isn't well represented in the US. I think both of these artists capture that spirit well.

https://3six.net/album/memories-in-widescreen

kajmanen

• View Profile
Re: Albums similar to Simon Lomax/Maitreya - Telluric Waves
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 01:56:04 PM »
That's a great album. Have you checked out some of the albums by 36? They are similar in spirit, at least in my opinion. There is a certain "sound" that I associate with some of the ambient that emerged in the early Biosphere days in the UK and Europe that isn't well represented in the US. I think both of these artists capture that spirit well.

https://3six.net/album/memories-in-widescreen

I have and I used to be a fan of 36, and this still is to some degree. His overall sound is darker and rather sad, while Telluric Waves is just deep,brooding and explorative. Thats why I dont fancy Lomax newer works as much, although his latest was getting back to that deep sound a little.

But thanks for responding.