From Princeton Record Exchange, yesterday:
- Tangerine Dream Phaedra Revisited 35th Anniversary Edition & Views from a Red Train (Purple Pyramid) • 'used' (though sealed) and cheap, figured why not, more out of curiosity than anything else...Train isn't bad, will have to see if Froese's 'remix' of Phaedra is worth a damn.
- Trey Gunn Untune the Sky (Inside Out) (CD & DVD) • used
- The Buggles Adventures in Modern Recording (reissue) • already had the original Japanese-only Jimco version (so much for the sticker's claim of "1st time on CD") but this one is remastered w/alot of extra tracks; their underrated 2nd & final album.
- Edward Ka-Spel Red Letters (Soleilmoon) • EkS's work as a solo artist seems to continually outshine his exploits with parent band LPD, and this one's no exception...true, his music is something of an acquired taste, but when he's on, it clicks, and his compositions always reveal a devilishly fertile imagination at work.
- 23 Skidoo Just Like Everybody (LTM reissue) • have dug these gents since their very beginnings in the post-punk aftermath of the early 80s, when they were aligned with early CabVolt, Chakk, A Certain Ratio, etc.; this comp was the only CD (re)issue I didn't have...extra tracks as well.
On order/en route:
- Axxess Fusion (Spheric)
- Pleq & Segue Seed (Databloem)
- Rainbow Serpent & Isgaard Stranger (Manikin)
- Mathew Jonson Agents of Time (Wagon Repair)
- Mooch Train Klang (Ambientlive)
- Xan Alexander Quantum Waves (Ambientlive) • new solo from Omega Syndicate member