Author Topic: False Mirror - Derelict World (out now)  (Read 4283 times)

False Mirror

• View Profile
    • False Mirror
Re: False Mirror - Derelict World (out now)
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2010, 12:56:48 AM »
Thank you very much both of you!  :)

Might it have something to do with the cryptic coded message on back of the booklet?

I bet it does ;)
I've posted some hints on my blog -> http://www.falsemirror.de/blog
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 01:06:54 AM by False Mirror »

drone on

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2010, 01:36:57 AM »
My apologies for the non-specific "review" in my last post.  This is what makes this album great, IMO:

As I saw in one of the reviews, it is true the music is not as dark and aggressive as other Malignant albums or other "typical" dark ambient albums.  It's very shadowy, ethereal and tranquil, which is why I mentioned the Robert Rich/Oophoi connection.  Another reviewer mentioned Mathias Grassow.  Again, a good comparison.  Grassow fans will love the floating immersive atmospheres and organic feel.  The artist, however, has his own distinct sound from the others and mention of them serves as merely a signpost for newer listeners.  One reviewer said it might benefit from vocals or melodies(??) Sorry, this isn't a pop album.  If you don't like immersive ambient drone music, please move on, there is something wrong with you! ;-) 

I thought the production and mastering here was FANTASTIC and highly above average, and it's evident great care was put into the overall sound quality of this project. 

As mentioned by everyone else, artwork and packaging is superb, from the glossy digipak design to the extensive booklet.  I liked the discussion of each track about recording techniques.  Nice! A+ 10/10 ***** 

False Mirror

• View Profile
    • False Mirror
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2010, 04:57:45 PM »
Thank you very much drone on!!

Btw:
As it's Christmas, I've given out the second set of hints for the quest game. Everyone should be able to solve it now http://www.falsemirror.de/posting74
Happy Christmas everyone!

abasio

• comatose hallucination connoisseur
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2011, 10:01:50 AM »
This release looks lovely. I just ordered this along with North. I loved Chronostatic Scenes and I didn't even know you had released another album. Now I get to receive both at the same time  ;D
I am very curious as to this other world but also a little worried that I am not smart enough to discover it :(