Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving  (Read 1613 times)

Bill Binkelman

• View Profile
Happy Thanksgiving
« on: November 24, 2010, 07:20:05 PM »
Just a warm wish from cold Minneapolis to all you Forum inhabitants. For those that don't follow me on Facebook, I have developed a serious sense of smell disorder in the last few months (phantosmia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantosmia) but I can still taste food completely. So, this year, I am thankful for small miracles. With as much as I love to cook (and eat) being without a sense of taste would be torture. If I can't smell everything - well, I can live with that. Here's hoping all of us can "learn to live with" what we don't have so that we can more purely enjoy that which we DO have!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE!
May the odds be ever in your favor.

einstein36

• View Profile
Re: Happy Thanksgiving
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 09:34:36 PM »
You too everyone...I will be spending it with family, pigging out on turkey and all the goodies and working on my book this holiday:)
Twitter: ImagineerR
Facebook: www.facebook.com/einstein36

SunDummy

• "Calm seas do not create good mariners."
    • View Profile
    • SunDummy.com
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 10:40:24 PM »
Right on, Bill!  Happy Thanksgiving to you (and the rest of you folks) as well. 

I'm planning on a relaxing day of skiing with the wife, then an evening in front of the fire with some wine, some salmon, and some tunes.  Being 1200 miles from our families is a mixed blessing, but overall, I'm thankful that I get to spend a day with my wife with no other distractions.

Peace, all!

I wish I was a Glowworm; a Glowworm's never glum. 'Cause how can you be grumpy, when the sun shines out your bum?

www.sundummy.com

cromag

• Just slightly off-topic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 12:37:54 AM »
Up until last year my parents and 5 brothers and sisters descended on our house for Thanksgiving.  I'm a HUGE believer in crock pots -- I'd have a power strip and four crock pots going in the basement, including a 6 quart crock pot with a turkey breast in it.  But, starting last year, my youngest sister asked if we'd mind it if she hosted Thanksgiving.  (Uhh, no-ooo, I guess not ...  ;D )

Anyway, we'll be driving -- which beats all the prep cleaning, cooking, serving, and then post-cleaning!  And if there's traffic, my family has their Ipods/MP3 players and I'll have a few CDs!

Happy Thanksgiving, all!  And drive carefully if you're on the road!
Science News, Vol. 175, No. 9, April 25, 2009, page 1 -- "New mapping of the human genome shows none of us are normal."

zzzone.net

• a numbers station ||| zzzone.net
    • View Profile
    • zzzone.net
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 08:58:38 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving.

I'll be going to the gym and either to my favorite Indian restaurant or to a vegan Thanksgiving feast at another restaurant.

I just got back from Big Bend State Park and had a challenging, but short week at the clinic.

Happy H0lidays!

Paul Vnuk (Ma Ja Le)

• View Profile
    • Paul's Myspace
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010, 10:25:49 AM »
My favorite holiday of the year! Happy Thanksgiving all!
"I liken good ambient to good poetry ... enjoyable, often powerful, and usually unpopular" APK

1000snakes

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2010, 11:32:42 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving to all from an American in Canada!
Peace, Kirk