OTHER THINGS IN THE WORLD THAN MUSIC > Everything and Nothing

Did somebody want to talk about whisky or whiskey?

<< < (13/17) > >>

Julio Di Benedetto:
Some recent drams...... :)

I will keep going back to this one.....theres some much toffee and orange in this your think you can taste chocolate but thats in your head...Wow, and this is no dessert it has plenty of power on the nose and palette.

This is an unusual one.....theres a beeswax sense to it that is intriguing and a little strange in a good way.....worth trying!

At $29 I said to myself with a snob like tone.....you get what you pay for but I had seen ratings up at 93 points from whiskey magazines so......they are right, its quite amazing and you might ask yourself if there is some Gaelic magic going on that can put a bottle of $29 malt in the same range as a 94 point, $90 bottle of Lagavulin (Whiskey Advocates Magazine).  Only on way to find out ;) 

thirdsystem:
Just back from a short break in Highland Perthshire where I visited this place...........

The smallest distillery in Scotland where everything is hand made by the three distillery workers.

I purchased this........

and thereafter partook of said amber nectar of the gods, at my holiday place, looking out over this landscape one afternoon in the late summer sun....

Very pleasant indeed.

PS Julio .....this dram also tasted wonderful in the distillery tasting room  ;) 8)

Julio Di Benedetto:
Excellent thirdsystem.......I can only imagine. That last picture is beautiful!  Its been a few months since I had some Edradour in the house.  Have to change that.   Thanks for sharing

mgriffin:
Beautiful indeed.

I forgot to report in here about some very nice single malts I enjoyed in Boston at a convention this summer. Must dig through Facebook to find photos and details.

Julio Di Benedetto:
Please do Mike...you and your fellow writers have great taste in single malts.  Look forward to it!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version