Author Topic: ONE THOUSAND PULSES presents DELICATE MONSTER, Sat. 1/15  (Read 1568 times)

darren bergstein

• View Profile
ONE THOUSAND PULSES presents DELICATE MONSTER, Sat. 1/15
« on: January 07, 2011, 09:29:33 PM »
" title="Delicate Monster" width="450" height="300" class="size-full wp-image-589

ONE THOUSAND PULSES presents

DELICATE MONSTER

SATURDAY, JANUARY 15

DOORS OPEN @ 7:30 PM • PERFORMANCE @ 8 PM

ADMISSION: $15 advance ticket • $18 at the door

LOCATION: 9 Edward Place, Woodcliff Lake NJ 07677 USA • 201.316.5403

PURCHASE TIX HERE:
www.mycommunitytickets.com/organization_info.asp?orgid=1521

FOR DIRECTIONS & FURTHER INFORMATION:
www.onethousandpulses.com

The curiously-minted Delicate Monster is a duo consisting of guitarist Art Cohen and synthesist Steve Bowman. Longtime players on their respective instruments, Cohen and Bowman share a passion for deep space topographies, namely the starfields navigated by pioneers' Tangerine Dream, Klaus Schulze, Ash Ra Tempel/Manuel Gottsching, Gunter Schickert, Zanov, et al. Yes, there is much in the way of classic Teutonic electronics to be found in the Delicate Monster stew, but Mssrs. Cohen and Bowman bring much more to the table. Cohen's licks aren't about forging simple loops or fundamental digital processing: he's as likely to let fly plangent chords that arc to the heavens as much as play dazzling arpeggios. And Bowman's synths don't simply lay down obvious Krautrock patterns or rely on rusty sequencers; rather, the sounds he coaxes from his keys leap about and whorl amongst his partner's fluid lines in equal measure. The fact that Bowman is also an adroit player who revels in the alien otherness of his electronics makes for a performer wholly uninterested in past clichés.

Prior performances by the duo include gigs around their native Philadelphia, as well as a particularly noteworthy set at last year's Electro-Music festival. On record, they have separately and collectively released work (via cassettes) on Chuck Van Zyl's Synkronos label; to date, Delicate Monster is represented by a lone CDR, but growing buzz surrounding the group should markedly expand their future catalog.

We hope you will join us in kick-starting OTP's 2011 series with Delicate Monster's singular brand of interstellar overdrive.

> www.myspace.com/artcohen
DARREN BERGSTEIN
> Periphery & Anodize / tactile visual audio / www.otperiphery.com / www.anodizesound.com
> Groupthink / wayward electroacoustic murmurings / www.groupthinksounds.com
> e: eimag@verizon.net

darren bergstein

• View Profile
Re: ONE THOUSAND PULSES presents DELICATE MONSTER, Sat. 1/15
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 04:56:09 PM »
Just two days until Delicate Monster's OTP debut, and the first show of our 2011 season. Brave the cold and help support the burgeoning independent electronic & experimental scene in Northeast New Jersey!
DARREN BERGSTEIN
> Periphery & Anodize / tactile visual audio / www.otperiphery.com / www.anodizesound.com

APK

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • DataObscura
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 07:19:54 PM »
Sure wish I were nearer.

Best of luck with the new season of concerts, Darren.
www.dataobscura.com
www.dataobscura.com/apk
The Circular Ruins / Lammergeyer / Nunc Stans

darren bergstein

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 09:51:39 PM »
thanks, anthony!

more to come as well... :)
DARREN BERGSTEIN

mgriffin

• Hypnos Founder
  • Administrator
  • Life is a memory, and then it is nothing.
    • View Profile
    • www.hypnos.com
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 06:41:47 AM »
My thoughts are the same as Anthony's, Darren. I wish I were close enough to take in some of these shows. Even though I can't go, I'm glad you're doing these, and wish you well.
[ Mike Griffin, Hypnos Recordings ] email mg (at) hypnos.com | http://hypnos.com | http://twitter.com/mgsoundvisions

darren bergstein

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 08:01:48 AM »
My thoughts are the same as Anthony's, Darren. I wish I were close enough to take in some of these shows. Even though I can't go, I'm glad you're doing these, and wish you well.

Thanks, Mike - appreciate the comments.
DARREN BERGSTEIN