Author Topic: Eventide UltraReverb  (Read 350 times)

Julio Di Benedetto

• Life is a privilege, not a right!
    • View Profile
    • Digtalvoices
Eventide UltraReverb
« on: September 16, 2014, 06:10:26 PM »
Tomas brought to our attention the Ultra Channel.......now this, except its not free. The algorithms are from the H8000 I believe.

Link to video.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeVi2FikcDw

APK

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • DataObscura
Re: Eventide UltraReverb
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 06:19:13 PM »
$79 US until Oct 17, then more like $200.  So not bad.
www.dataobscura.com
www.dataobscura.com/apk
The Circular Ruins / Lammergeyer / Nunc Stans

Altus

• View Profile
    • Altus - aural journeys for the mind's eye
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 03:31:54 AM »
Colour me impressed. Definitely going to check out the demo.
Thanks.
Mike Carss -- Altus : aural journeys for the mind's eye
www.altusmusic.ca

El culto

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 07:31:49 PM »
Wow!

Thanks for posting Julio and also to APK for the special price info!

Really have to look at it more in detail  8)

Greetings,
Tomas

petekelly

• View Profile
    • LuminaSounds
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 01:38:18 AM »
Reverb - what use is that for ambient music ?, can't we just make do with spring reverb units from old Fender amplifiers, for really vintage tones ?

I'm joking, it does indeed look good, but the dreaded iLok account puts me off.

Seren

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 03:17:40 AM »
It does look good, and I assume sound good too - never had to consider an ilok - what are the problems?

The computer I will be using it on (if i buy it) will not be 'online' itself - could that be an issue?

Julio Di Benedetto

• View Profile
    • Digtalvoices
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2014, 04:36:15 AM »
It does look good, and I assume sound good too - never had to consider an ilok - what are the problems?

The computer I will be using it on (if i buy it) will not be 'online' itself - could that be an issue?

Yes Seren it will be an issue.....for ilok to work it must be online so that your computer an the ilok license manager can be synced from the ilok website.  Its very straight forward but does require online connection.

El culto

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2014, 07:10:29 AM »

Yes Seren it will be an issue.....for ilok to work it must be online so that your computer an the ilok license manager can be synced from the ilok website.  Its very straight forward but does require online connection.

Julio, are you 100% sure about this?

I do own some Play Libraries and just tested it offline (no I-net connection) and all works fine!  ???

ilock Driver Version = 5.9.10.3513

Paul Vnuk (Ma Ja Le)

• View Profile
    • Paul's Myspace
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2014, 03:36:26 PM »
Once it is authorized to the iLok you no longer need an online connection. I play live shows with my mac with an ilok and I turn off wifi during the performance and it works fine.
"I liken good ambient to good poetry ... enjoyable, often powerful, and usually unpopular" APK

Julio Di Benedetto

• View Profile
    • Digtalvoices
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2014, 04:02:15 PM »
These gentleman are right Seren...online is only needed for initial authorization....sorry for the miss information.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 04:03:57 PM by Julio Di Benedetto »

Seren

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2014, 12:08:54 AM »
I don't have an ilok - answer from eventide:

Yes, it could cause problems, but you can do it. If you have an iLok you can download the license onto your iLok from another machine and use the iLok to move the license from one machine to the other. Note that if you do this, you'll still have to install iLok License Manager on the second machine. Alternatively, if you connect to the internet temporarily you can authorize the license, then turn networking back off.

There is a part of me that is resistant to ilok - which might just be my techophobe and luddite tendencies.

Julio Di Benedetto

• View Profile
    • Digtalvoices
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2014, 12:27:28 PM »
I have to say I'm really impressed.....lush, warm and sounds extremely close to my Eventide Eclipse, perhaps a little warmer and lush @ $79!  Very versatile verb.

Julio Di Benedetto

• View Profile
    • Digtalvoices
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2014, 04:43:52 PM »
Just did an ABC between the Eventide Eclipse, Exponential Audio Phoenix reverb (software) and the Ultra Reverb....Medium Hall preset and also on the eclipse I auditioned their recreation of the PCM70 a favorite of mine......Ultra Reverb to my ears came out ahead.

Anyone else?

Altus

• View Profile
    • Altus - aural journeys for the mind's eye
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2014, 06:10:12 AM »
Played with the demo for about 30 minutes, and quickly bought it.
It doesn't even compare to my old reverb (ArtsAcoustic). It's been a good plug-in for me, but I've been looking for a replacement for years.
Thanks again.  ;D
Mike Carss -- Altus : aural journeys for the mind's eye
www.altusmusic.ca

Julio Di Benedetto

• View Profile
    • Digtalvoices
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2014, 08:52:10 AM »
Great Mike....Glad it work for you.  Im going to authorize the demo shortly.  Really love this verb!

darkenedsoul

• View Profile
    • Official Darkened Soul Website
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2014, 11:18:01 AM »
Hi,

Been using Live off/on since version 3.04. The markers are the warp markers that Live tries to set up for the transients in the clip (to what someone was saying about all these markers in the clip/sample).  I also have Studio One V2 but haven't done a lot with it since buy it 1/2 off a couple/few years ago. I like its window setup (similar to Live's). Session View is where you can create your clips/samples and mess with them and set things up as scenes (row across screen = scene which you trigger from right side of screen) and the follow-on actions (look into that as it's kind of cool). You can drag clips from Session to Arrangement via click/holding and drag to the buttons on right side or hit Tab and then drop into your track. Each corresponding track in session will record to its same track # in arrangement view as an FYI if you haven't found that (probably have).

The instrument (Live's) integration is great. VSTi handling is decent (could be better with some manufacturers, NI for one). The slice to MIDI stuff is sweet (read up in the manual, there's a couple directories for setting up default Impulse and Sampler if I recall as well).  I just have to get off my lazy ass and get back working on music....

Mike