Author Topic: Do you like new MySpace artist profiles?  (Read 12026 times)

edentropy

• holy mountaineer
    • View Profile
    • Eddie Entropy
Re: Do you like new MySpace artist profiles?
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2010, 12:50:17 PM »
I like facebook for making random and hopefully amusing comments but don't know if it has much value as an advertising tool for a small level band.  It's good for me as a yoga teacher because it always my students to connect to me and they dig that.

I like SoundCloud best for music!  It reminds me of the old home taping days, it's all about the music and there's tons of great small level bands on there.  I've just started using it but I'm pretty addicted.
as it is, so be it

petekelly

• View Profile
    • LuminaSounds
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2011, 01:39:18 PM »

Well I've given up on Myspace, I've set my profile to be 'Inactive' - in that I'm not going to be updating it / checking on it from now on. I've read that Myspace is still pretty active regarding search engines, so I decided against deleting it completely.

My recent 'recommendations' have been 'Hulk Hogan' and 'Lady Gaga' - says it all really...

mgriffin

• Hypnos Founder
  • Administrator
  • Life is a memory, and then it is nothing.
    • View Profile
    • www.hypnos.com
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2011, 01:46:17 PM »
I'm never going back to Myspace, except maybe to archive some stuff I wrote in my blog there years ago. That place has turned into a no-mans-land of spam, flashing advertisements, creeps and predators.

I said this recently on Facebook and Twitter but I'll say it here as well: any recording artists still using Myspace as their sole online presence will go unseen and unheard by Hypnos. If your idea of promoting yourself is to say "Check out my tracks on Myspace" you need to try another angle.
[ Mike Griffin, Hypnos Recordings ] email mg (at) hypnos.com | http://hypnos.com | http://twitter.com/mgsoundvisions

petekelly

• View Profile
    • LuminaSounds
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2011, 02:17:46 PM »
I'd say that for artists with an existing profile, it may be still useful for search engine purposes, I just googled Robert Rich and Steve Roach and their Myspace profiles were pretty high up.