Author Topic: WTT/FS: Want to trade my Eventide Eclipse for...  (Read 1643 times)

Numina

• View Profile
WTT/FS: Want to trade my Eventide Eclipse for...
« on: February 24, 2011, 09:53:45 AM »
Interested in trading my rarely-used Eventide Eclipse in almost NEW condition (original owner, smoke-free / gig-free / kid-free use, original box, purchased from AH).

Interested in trading for:

Lexicon PCM-91 (in similar condition)

PLUS:

Korg KP3
-or-
TETR4
-or-
TC D-Two
-and/or-
Cash

I am looking for even-steven trade value, no low-ball. Probably CL it for $1500 and hope for the best. U.S. trade only. Denver-area pick-up works for me. Must have references or I "know" you or agree to escrow or something before any shipping. E-mail me w/offers at numina_at_frii.com.

Thanks!

Numina

• View Profile
Re: WTT/FS: Want to trade my Eventide Eclipse for...
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 07:27:08 PM »
Finally got rid of the Eclipse and went with a KSP8 in its place.  All I can say is the KSP8 smokes the Eclipse in every aspect.

LNerell

• View Profile
    • Personal website
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 07:10:16 AM »
IF the KSP8 is smokin then you better take it back as their has got to be something wrong with it.  :P ;D  Congrats on the trade, I've heard good things about the KSP8, never tried one myself.
Take care.

- Loren Nerell

Numina

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 03:32:39 PM »
 ;D  Nice one Loren.  Well, money's tight around here, so I have to sell in order to buy... I'm sure you've been there.  So, yeah, wow, I'm really impressed with the KSP8 and the reverb BLOWS the Eclipse away, hands down.  Of course this is subjective, but the Eclipse drove me nuts to no end.  I have a lot of complaints about the Eclipse, programming it being the major issue.  Secondly, the verbs just are too digital and tinny and you can not program out early reflection in any of the reverb algs.  I really wanted to like it, it looks great, the modulated delays are really cool, but a lot of other outboard gear can do a lot better for that price (the V-Synth GT has superior effects to the Eclipse IMO).  Anywho, my vote is on the KSP8.  The verbs are similar to the PCM80, but quieter, perhaps a bit darker, but more organic - like you're *really* in a cave.  I've also played around with a little bit on pitch modulation delays and chorus and the thing is amazing.   I only wish I'd known earlier... there is an amazing lack of any decent average-Joe reviews on the KSP8, not any YouTube vids or anything... only SOS and a few blurbs here and there on sales sites - and the occasional non-informative GS banter.  It was a bit of a risky purchase not knowing how it sounds, but it all turned out great... so, yes, I am a happy man.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 03:36:52 PM by Numina »