Author Topic: Ohio Events  (Read 781 times)

TWK

• "Take me to your FX rack!"
    • View Profile
Ohio Events
« on: March 03, 2011, 08:00:13 PM »
Ok, I live close to Cleveland Ohio.
Does anyone know of any ambient, space or experimental music event happening in this part of the world?
About 7 years ago Robert Rich played a vegan resturant in Columbus, Matt Borghi had done 3 different shows around the area 2 with Jason Sloan, but I've seen nothing closer then Philly with The Gatherings since then.
I made all those shows  :D

I'm going to try to find places in the Cleveland area to play solo ambient shows, right now I'm working with a group called EXO4, myspace is the only site for now,they have played several shows in the Cleaveland area and are getting a small following, the only ambient part of what we do is the "space" between improv jams, but I think I may be able to go a little different way solo and ambient space.

Is anyone here from this area?

thanks

MarkJohnson

• View Profile
Re: Ohio Events
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 08:03:44 PM »
Hi TWK,

I live in North Olmsted on the West side. I don't know of any ambient-friendly venues in town. My favorite place to see shows is the Beachland, but they tend to like things loud there. Or at least singer-songwritery.

I can't even put together the small list of ambient shows that you've attended... this area seems to not be big on ambient, or the scene is completely underground. I suspect the former.

Let me know when you or your band play out and I'll do my best to make the show.

Good luck!
Mark