Author Topic: Currently listening, part 1  (Read 963846 times)

drone on

• View Profile
Re: Currently listening, part 1
« Reply #4760 on: August 31, 2015, 10:28:13 AM »
Didn't know Jon Hassell helped out Mo Boma.  Interesting.  Great Extreme label artist.

Currently:

Motionfield--Luftrum.  This overall was disappointing. 2 or 3 excellent tracks but a lot of it sounds a bit dated, and dull.  Don't think would have cut it as a Fax release. 

AoC 3.9.  Solar Image remixes.  Excellent stuff.  I found this used at a record store.  Out of print.  Sweet! 

Cosmic Ground 2.  Haven't had enough listening time on this.  Retro Berlin School sequencer stuff, self released by artist.

drone on

• View Profile
« Reply #4761 on: September 01, 2015, 03:05:04 PM »
Re:  Autumn of Communion.

Now I'm confused. I have Solar Image "3.9", now there's a "3.5" double CD that came after 3.9???))someone please enlighten me....

drone on

• View Profile
« Reply #4762 on: September 01, 2015, 04:14:52 PM »
Datacide II by Tetsu Inoue/Atom Heart.  Very early Fax release of bleepy, bloopy, trippy gentle ambient, with a couple ambient techno tracks.  Good example of that early to mid 90s sound, not just from Fax.  I have the reissue version.  Seen the original on Discogs for $200. 

chris23

• View Profile
    • bandcamp profile
« Reply #4763 on: Yesterday at 04:32:04 PM »
Ishq - Futurology, Beyond Time, Deep Space Objects
Every once in a while I get into a mad Ishq craze. I've been in one for the past few weeks, listening to various discs on repeat, dropping stupid amounts of cash on Discogs to pick up discs to replace digital files, and dissecting the art and aesthetics of the releases.

Right now I'm obsessed with the side of Hillier's work that focuses on space, time, and imaginary worlds. The most recent of these releases, Martian Chronicles, is really funky, with a nice retro-future vibe. 

thirdsystem

• View Profile
« Reply #4764 on: Today at 02:52:51 AM »
Re:  Autumn of Communion.

Now I'm confused. I have Solar Image "3.9", now there's a "3.5" double CD that came after 3.9???))someone please enlighten me....

In order of release, the (complicated) releases are;

AOC 3.5 (CDr) - This was a highly limited edition of 65 CDrs in a metal box with card and numbering. It is an expansion and exploration of the track Rhea on AOC 3.

AOC 3.9 - This CD has 3 very different remixes of the digital only release (at that point) of Solar Image.

AOC 3.5/Solar Image (CD) - Following requests and interest re a proper CD release ...txt have recently released this double album. It has the original digital only track Solar Image, a reprise version and another disc with the full version of Rhea (explored) which was on the above CDr.

Think that's it  ;)

I believe I may now have all 9 AOC releases. Some body of work it is. Superb stuff.

thirdsystem

• View Profile
« Reply #4765 on: Today at 03:03:52 AM »
I need to explore Ishq's work more fully. Only really aware of some of his stuff working with Lee Norris.

Any recommendations on where to start Chris?

Edit - Just discovered there is a whole load of Ishq albums on Spotify. Currently streaming the  one that was released on ...txt that I missed out on buying - Lyght.
« Last Edit: Today at 03:35:50 AM by thirdsystem »