OTHER THINGS IN THE WORLD THAN MUSIC > Everything and Nothing

blade runner final cut

(1/3) > >>

jdh:
Just saw the final cut of Blade Runner in the cinema,limited run,if it is in your city,go see it,nothing new but the print is pristine.Sure beats a TV.Not sure how many saw it in 1982 upon release on the big screen.After 25 years,it still holds up(except in 10 years time,we will not have flying cars or robots)Or,buy the DVD when it comes out.Also of note,a 3 CD set of the Vangelis soundtrack being released in the next few weeks.For me,the soundtrack was always incredible,as around that time,I was into Vangelis.With Friends of Mister Cairo,See You,Chariots of Fire but had to wait until 1994 for it to come out.Not into him much anymore but I always wanted the extra tracks I heard in the film and where not available,now they are.

jim brenholts:
there has been a 3 disc bootleg of the vangelis soundtrack around for quite some time. i am sure that the official release will be good - the boot is pretty cool.

Elvenraad:

--- Quote from: jim brenholts on December 09, 2007, 07:22:12 AM ---there has been a 3 disc bootleg of the vangelis soundtrack around for quite some time. i am sure that the official release will be good - the boot is pretty cool.

--- End quote ---
Do you mean the Esper Edition?

LNerell:

--- Quote from: jdh on December 09, 2007, 12:40:22 AM ---Just saw the final cut of Blade Runner in the cinema,limited run,if it is in your city,go see it,nothing new but the print is pristine.Sure beats a TV.Not sure how many saw it in 1982 upon release on the big screen.After 25 years,it still holds up(except in 10 years time,we will not have flying cars or robots)
--- End quote ---

Flying cars and robots are already around, just not like they are in the movie, but who knows maybe that will change in 10 years. I saw the original in the theater 25 years ago, so count me in as one of the original. Still holds up today as a great sci-fi film in my book.

jim brenholts:

--- Quote from: Elvenraad on December 09, 2007, 07:35:47 AM ---
--- Quote from: jim brenholts on December 09, 2007, 07:22:12 AM ---there has been a 3 disc bootleg of the vangelis soundtrack around for quite some time. i am sure that the official release will be good - the boot is pretty cool.

--- End quote ---
Do you mean the Esper Edition?

--- End quote ---
don't know. i have a burned cdr of it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version