Author Topic: blade runner final cut  (Read 5888 times)

jdh

• View Profile
blade runner final cut
« on: December 09, 2007, 12:40:22 AM »
Just saw the final cut of Blade Runner in the cinema,limited run,if it is in your city,go see it,nothing new but the print is pristine.Sure beats a TV.Not sure how many saw it in 1982 upon release on the big screen.After 25 years,it still holds up(except in 10 years time,we will not have flying cars or robots)Or,buy the DVD when it comes out.Also of note,a 3 CD set of the Vangelis soundtrack being released in the next few weeks.For me,the soundtrack was always incredible,as around that time,I was into Vangelis.With Friends of Mister Cairo,See You,Chariots of Fire but had to wait until 1994 for it to come out.Not into him much anymore but I always wanted the extra tracks I heard in the film and where not available,now they are.

jim brenholts

• View Profile
    • rigel orionis
Re: blade runner final cut
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 07:22:12 AM »
there has been a 3 disc bootleg of the vangelis soundtrack around for quite some time. i am sure that the official release will be good - the boot is pretty cool.
all the best and God bless
jim
www.rigelorionis.com

Elvenraad

• View Profile
    • Elvenraad at RYM
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 07:35:47 AM »
there has been a 3 disc bootleg of the vangelis soundtrack around for quite some time. i am sure that the official release will be good - the boot is pretty cool.
Do you mean the Esper Edition?

LNerell

• View Profile
    • Personal website
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 11:39:30 AM »
Just saw the final cut of Blade Runner in the cinema,limited run,if it is in your city,go see it,nothing new but the print is pristine.Sure beats a TV.Not sure how many saw it in 1982 upon release on the big screen.After 25 years,it still holds up(except in 10 years time,we will not have flying cars or robots)

Flying cars and robots are already around, just not like they are in the movie, but who knows maybe that will change in 10 years. I saw the original in the theater 25 years ago, so count me in as one of the original. Still holds up today as a great sci-fi film in my book.
Take care.

- Loren Nerell

jim brenholts

• View Profile
    • rigel orionis
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 04:38:07 PM »
Do you mean the Esper Edition?
don't know. i have a burned cdr of it.
all the best and God bless
jim
www.rigelorionis.com

mgriffin

• Hypnos Founder
  • Administrator
  • Life is a memory, and then it is nothing.
    • View Profile
    • www.hypnos.com
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2007, 04:31:24 PM »
I pre-ordered the 5-disc BluRay version of this... can't wait!  One of my favorite films of all time.
[ Mike Griffin, Hypnos Recordings ] email mg (at) hypnos.com | http://hypnos.com | http://twitter.com/mgsoundvisions

Hallu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2007, 04:36:02 PM »
5 DVDs box is out in europe since early december and it's great, too bad they didn't include the Vangelis OST, which is still a major influence for a lot of ambient (and/or electro) artists.

mgriffin

• Hypnos Founder
  • Administrator
  • Life is a memory, and then it is nothing.
    • View Profile
    • www.hypnos.com
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2007, 05:45:33 PM »
Speaking of all the different soundtrack versions out there (as discussed above), the article on Wikipedia does a pretty good job of straightening out the assorted variations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blade_Runner_(soundtracks)
[ Mike Griffin, Hypnos Recordings ] email mg (at) hypnos.com | http://hypnos.com | http://twitter.com/mgsoundvisions

jdh

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2007, 05:52:30 PM »
Loren,

What flying cars are you referencing ? The last time I drove down the street,I did not see any cars above me.Robots,except for car factories or that cute Honda robot,never seen one like a Nexus 6? Or is it a joke?
The Esper edition is cool(do not have it but heard it) however audio quality cannot be like the original masters.Plus the third disc is new Vangelis material influenced by the film.

LNerell

• View Profile
    • Personal website
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2007, 07:18:26 PM »
Loren,

What flying cars are you referencing ?

Why the Moller of course

You can have one for only 1 million dollars.  :)

Robots,except for car factories or that cute Honda robot,never seen one like a Nexus 6? Or is it a joke?

No, nothing even like a Nexus 1 :P But their are a few robots, like that Honda one you mention, I've heard of a new robot vacum cleaner, it looks nothing like a human but it is a robot as it can remember functions and figure out problems dealing with cleaning. Sorry, I never said nor ment to imply we were at that level of technology.
Take care.

- Loren Nerell

Seren

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2007, 05:31:45 AM »
And in a recent programme of 'Top Gear' in the UK BMW had a programmable car that went around the circuit unaided in a faster time than the human drivers could manage. Not a robot or a flying car, but somewhere between the two....

Jeremy clarkson was in the driver seat just in case, but apart from providing a commentary he was uneeded ;D