Author Topic: Favorite toys from when we were kids  (Read 18362 times)

jkn

• Global Moderator
  • cake or death? cake please.
    • View Profile
    • Relaxed Machinery
Re: Favorite toys from when we were kids
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2008, 10:56:31 AM »
what if you have several secret drawers?
John Koch-Northrup .: jkn [AT] johei.com .: owner / artist .: http://relaxedmachinery.com .: http://twitter.com/jkn .: http://flickr.com/johei

lena

• Hypnos Manager/Life Manager
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • hypnos.com
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2008, 10:57:23 AM »
I have no secrets in my drawers! (Oh, wait a minute, that sounded weird)....
When I die, I'm leaving my body to science fiction.

Mark Mushet

• View Profile
    • Mark Mushet Photography
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2008, 11:10:53 AM »
Not sure if it counts as a "toy" but several of us were really into "Wacky Packages" in the early to mid 1970s.

http://www.wackypackages.org/press/vancourver_review.html

(this links to an article I wrote for the VR but is now on the Wacky Packages website. Can't account for their mis-spelling of Vancouver though!)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 08:15:33 PM by Mark Mushet »

Undershadow

« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2008, 12:50:16 PM »

hdibrell

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2008, 02:37:18 PM »

Can't blame my mom for that one, though I wasn't too happy that she tossed my baseball card collection when I went to college.  Of course, whose mom didn't do that?

Forrest

Exactly. You leave it behind, it's a fair sacrifice for the great yard sale gods! My old room is now my mom's sort of "all around" room, (den, sewing room, movie room, etc). Bye bye, Raggedy Ann & Andy, hello Fabio workout videos!
     My mom is still trying to get me and my brothers to get all of our stuff out of the house.  ;D The bad part is that we are all in our 50's! My middle brother finally got his 1968 Triumph 650 out of her garage that has been there for 35 years!!!  ::)     Harry
Never regret money spent on old books, old dogs or old friends.

lena

• Hypnos Manager/Life Manager
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • hypnos.com
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2008, 02:52:23 PM »
My mom is still trying to get me and my brothers to get all of our stuff out of the house.  ;D The bad part is that we are all in our 50's! My middle brother finally got his 1968 Triumph 650 out of her garage that has been there for 35 years!!!  ::)     Harry

He's lucky then, (your mom could've made a good fifty bucks on that thing)... ;)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 10:27:24 AM by lena »
When I die, I'm leaving my body to science fiction.

sraymar

• View Profile
    • Steve Raymar
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2008, 07:27:33 PM »
I liked the James Bond attache case I had that had a Lugar inside that had extensions you could attach to it to make it a rifle. I think I was the only kid in school that talked into the top of his pencil trying to be the Man from U.N.C.L.E.

I also had a light blue Fender Musicmaster and Vibro Champ Amp(pre-CBS blackface) that I loved and toted off to lessons with.

I didn't have a synth but my Dad made a Heath Kit solid state radio that didn't have an antenna so all it was good for was getting squelchy noises with. Wish I had that today! Very useful for my studio as a sound source.   8)

Steve
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 09:00:10 AM by sraymar »
Ambient isn't just for technicians!

The artist isn't a special kind of man, but every man is a special kind of artist.

Don't be afraid to grow, give yourself a chance.