Author Topic: What do you love?  (Read 3881 times)

zzzone.net

• a numbers station ||| zzzone.net
    • View Profile
    • zzzone.net
What do you love?
« on: June 28, 2011, 06:16:31 PM »
What do you love?

Ambient music

http://www.google.com/whatdoyoulove/

Seren

• View Profile
Re: What do you love?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 11:51:57 PM »
Being in a quiet place where the sound of human beings is either absent or minimal.

and of course, Glenys, my wife.

Wanterkeelt

• Do you know this man ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 09:07:23 AM »
Being in a quiet place where the sound of human beings is either absent or minimal.

I agree, thumbs up

Scott M2

• View Profile
    • dreamSTATE
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 12:48:12 PM »
47 miles of barbed wire - Oops that's Who do you love...  My wife, my sister, my dog.

What do I love... My iPad.     (It's new love.)     

Horizon synth and SampleWiz (both released last week and highly recommended to this forum) are keeping my travel time sonic.    8)

sraymar

• View Profile
    • Steve Raymar
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 03:41:32 PM »
Starbucks zucchini muffins and their black iced tea, great on a hot and sunny California summer day.
Ambient isn't just for technicians!

The artist isn't a special kind of man, but every man is a special kind of artist.

Don't be afraid to grow, give yourself a chance.

Bill Binkelman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2011, 01:51:36 PM »
What do I love?

Just about every kind of seafood imaginable....fish (fried, grilled, baked, broiled), shellfish, you name it. Freshwater, ocean, no difference. On our trip to Grand Marais, MN last weekend, we had whitefish (grilled and fried), crab cakes, scallops, lake trout, and grouper.

Cheese...hard, soft, aged, goat, cow, makes no difference.

Fall...I LOVE the gray skies and crisp days of autumn as well its cool nights.

I love the sound of rain or waves or wind in the trees, as well as the sound of crickets, frogs, and other nocturnal creatures.

I love George Webb Hamburger Parlor (based in Southern Wisconsin) hashbrowns...simply the finest I have ever sampled anywhere...and that covers a lot of territory.

Driving rural backroads through small towns, especially in Wisconsin in the fall.

That's not all I love, but it's a start.
May the odds be ever in your favor.

hdibrell

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2011, 09:26:29 PM »
What do I love?

Just about every kind of seafood imaginable....fish (fried, grilled, baked, broiled), shellfish, you name it. Freshwater, ocean, no difference. On our trip to Grand Marais, MN last weekend, we had whitefish (grilled and fried), crab cakes, scallops, lake trout, and grouper.

Cheese...hard, soft, aged, goat, cow, makes no difference.

Fall...I LOVE the gray skies and crisp days of autumn as well its cool nights.

I love the sound of rain or waves or wind in the trees, as well as the sound of crickets, frogs, and other nocturnal creatures.

I love George Webb Hamburger Parlor (based in Southern Wisconsin) hashbrowns...simply the finest I have ever sampled anywhere...and that covers a lot of territory.

Driving rural backroads through small towns, especially in Wisconsin in the fall.

That's not all I love, but it's a start.
Great answer!! 8)
Never regret money spent on old books, old dogs or old friends.

Vajragio

• View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2011, 01:40:16 AM »
I love lamp....

I love...chair.

Hypnagogue

• Let's do music.
    • View Profile
    • Hypnagogue Reviews
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2011, 10:46:24 AM »
Pinball.

My childrens' laughter.

Good food, preferably with decent wine.

And ambient.
Hypnagogue Reviews
one listener's opinion on new music
hypnagoguereviews.wordpress.com
Hypnagogue Podcast
hypnagoguepodcast.wordpress.com

Bill Binkelman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2011, 09:36:22 AM »
Pinball.

My childrens' laughter.

And ambient.

Nice to see some of us are still kickin' it old school!
May the odds be ever in your favor.

Julio Di Benedetto

• Life is a privilege, not a right!
    • View Profile
    • Digtalvoices
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2011, 08:50:12 PM »
what I love is to be sitting in crystal clear water on my surfboard looking out to the horizon to see the incoming swell break on an outer reef telling me to prepare myself and watching make the turn to paddle for the wave as it arrives to then hold me momentarily before coming to my feet and making the drop into the liquid glide as the reef below me flashes the wave disappears there is no shape or form but for the grace and slide I feel as the dance across the rising wall roars behind me then the sun illuminates the turquoise path that propels the sequence of movements to fast for memory until the energy is absorbed and the deep smile comes as I thank the universe for the ride of a life time......then what I love more as I paddle back out is to watch my girlfriend go through the motions and take the drop on another wave with a huge bottom turn she recoils into the most gentle display of fluid hydrodynamics in each arc and spray a courtship of elements she passes close to me her face of concentrated joy the body in unison a magnetic glow of ebb and flow.

We have been back a few weeks from a surf trip to Bocas del Toro, Panama.....and of course the moral of the story, never ask a surfer to describe what the ride was like, could sound similar to the wonderful drivel above.

Peace

Seren

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2011, 01:56:33 AM »
what I love is to be sitting in crystal clear water on my surfboard looking out to the horizon to see the incoming swell break on an outer reef telling me to prepare myself and watching make the turn to paddle for the wave as it arrives to then hold me momentarily before coming to my feet and making the drop into the liquid glide as the reef below me flashes the wave disappears there is no shape or form but for the grace and slide I feel as the dance across the rising wall roars behind me then the sun illuminates the turquoise path that propels the sequence of movements to fast for memory until the energy is absorbed and the deep smile comes as I thank the universe for the ride of a life time......then what I love more as I paddle back out is to watch my girlfriend go through the motions and take the drop on another wave with a huge bottom turn she recoils into the most gentle display of fluid hydrodynamics in each arc and spray a courtship of elements she passes close to me her face of concentrated joy the body in unison a magnetic glow of ebb and flow.

We have been back a few weeks from a surf trip to Bocas del Toro, Panama.....and of course the moral of the story, never ask a surfer to describe what the ride was like, could sound similar to the wonderful drivel above.

Peace

Eloquent, evocative, beautiful.

modulator_esp

• the lost tribe of Em
    • View Profile
    • Modulator ESP
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2011, 06:08:52 AM »
synthesizers - loopers - fx

playing live

exploring the great outdoors

sleeping

Belgian beer

reading

heavy metal
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 03:22:49 PM by modulator_esp »

mgriffin

• Hypnos Founder
  • Administrator
  • Life is a memory, and then it is nothing.
    • View Profile
    • www.hypnos.com
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2011, 08:38:23 AM »
I think it's great that a topic about a new Google search option called "What do you love?" has morphed into a celebration by forum members of the actual things they love in real life!

It's important that people celebrate and appreciate the people, places and things that give them happiness.
[ Mike Griffin, Hypnos Recordings ] email mg (at) hypnos.com | http://hypnos.com | http://twitter.com/mgsoundvisions

jkn

• Global Moderator
  • cake or death? cake please.
    • View Profile
    • Relaxed Machinery
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2011, 10:33:28 AM »
I love the sound of sleeping.   My dogs sleeping, my wife sleeping.   Not in that order.

I love a saturday or sunday afternoon with no appointments and time to lay down, toss in an old episode of Columbo or Monk - and just read a book or take a nap.

I love playing piano.

I love my wife.

I love a lot of people in this community and extended communities - those people that all love music and sharing.
John Koch-Northrup .: jkn [AT] johei.com .: owner / artist .: http://relaxedmachinery.com .: http://twitter.com/jkn .: http://flickr.com/johei

Hypnagogue

• Let's do music.
    • View Profile
    • Hypnagogue Reviews
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2011, 10:50:09 AM »
Pinball.

My childrens' laughter.

And ambient.

Couple of weeks ago my son and I took the 5-hour ride down to Asbury Park, NJ to go to the Silverball Museum. (http://silverballmuseum.com)

185 working pinball machines from the 30s to the 90s, all in good condition, all set to free play. $20 for a day-long, come-and-go pass.

Best two days ever.

Nice to see some of us are still kickin' it old school!
Hypnagogue Reviews
one listener's opinion on new music
hypnagoguereviews.wordpress.com
Hypnagogue Podcast
hypnagoguepodcast.wordpress.com

Jeff Sampson

• View Profile
    • ethereal atmospherica
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2011, 03:29:16 PM »
roof over my head (with a more than passable view of the great outdoors)

food for the belly (and the ability to digest it)

dark, black coffee

New Belgium Brewery's 1554

Godbluff reverberating through the house
"ethereal atmospherica"
http://www.jeffsampsonmusic.com

cromag

• Just slightly off-topic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2011, 07:40:33 PM »
Today was my son's first day at college -- a small community college in Western Massachusetts.

Everything else is taking a step back for the time being.
Science News, Vol. 175, No. 9, April 25, 2009, page 1 -- "New mapping of the human genome shows none of us are normal."