Author Topic: Max4Live (and some False Mirror Reason Patches)  (Read 1059 times)

False Mirror

• View Profile
    • False Mirror
Max4Live (and some False Mirror Reason Patches)
« on: September 02, 2011, 04:21:35 AM »
Any m4l users here? I'm currently porting some of my old Max patches to m4l, here's the first one:

Noise Patterns
http://www.falsemirror.de/uploads/fm.noisepatterns.zip
Noise Patterns was originally made as an example for a lecture. It is kind of a simplified version of its ancestor 'Windscape' (which will also be ported into m4l) and creates drones using additive synthesis with 64 voices.

Demo video:

PS: I'm currently also posting some of my Reason patches on my Facebook page, just like/follow it, I will post more. -> http://www.facebook.com/falsemirror.de
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 01:38:11 PM by False Mirror »

darkenedsoul

• View Profile
    • Official Darkened Soul Website
Re: Max4Live (and some False Mirror Reason Patches)
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 11:54:05 PM »
I can't justify this and am at latest Live 8.2.5 which came out recently. There is still so much for me to figure out in that product. What blew me away was opening up a drum rack and having ALL the pads (16 per group) all available for individual tweaking (volume, send/receive, etc). And it's something else to learn to code in (M4L). I know it gets you more under the hood of Live for stuff Live doesn't do (at the time or easily) but can't justify it cost-wise or need. I just updated to NI Komplete 7 and now 8 is out and I am not going to it until it is %50 off as how I went to 7 (from 5). And Absynth is a beast and newer Reaktor + Kontakt 4 et al is too much for me even to get into atm. Do you remember which album of yours I bought awhile ago? I need to find it and dig it out to spin it again/rip to my WHS server. As I want to get your later stuff but I don't know what I am missing! Anyways, glad to see someone here using M4L for their stuff. Lots of potential from that additional interface to Live for damn sure, but have too much to still get a grip on/with (Live stuff + NI instruments from Komplete).

Cheers,

Mike

False Mirror

• View Profile
    • False Mirror
Re: Max4Live (and some False Mirror Reason Patches)
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 10:06:42 AM »
Hehe. I had been working with Max a lot for some time but then switched to my own programming environment.
But Max4Live is pretty nice, so I started to port my old patches. I've always preferred Max over Reaktor as you simply can do more with it - Reaktor doesn't allow to develop standalone programs and the documentation isn't as good as Max's is.

I'm sorry I don't know which albums you have. Just drop me an e-mail if you need it again.