Author Topic: Computer Fan Noise....How do you handle it?  (Read 8020 times)

El culto

• View Profile
Re: Computer Fan Noise....How do you handle it?
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2011, 01:14:18 PM »

If budget is less of a consideration, buy a MacBook Pro with SSD and your RAM limit is much higher. My MPB has 8gb RAM and I believe the new ones can use 16gb.

Not a good choice if it comes to noise! Especially if you use heavy cpu processes....the fan starts very quickly and its anything else then quiet. Have a new MBP (2011) and with heavy projects the fan is constantly on. Also, it gets very hot.

Julio Di Benedetto

• Life is a privilege, not a right!
    • View Profile
    • Digtalvoices
Re: Computer Fan Noise....How do you handle it?
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2011, 05:05:16 PM »
Thanks Tomas for your MBP insight....seems strange that the iMacs are supposed to be very quite, yet the MBP's not so.  I say that because of the "slim" technology involved. Actually its hard to imagine a fan in a laptop come to think of it. 

Funny, not so long ago one of the main concerns of studio recordings was tape hiss from the multi tracks. looking back it seems it was a worthwhile trade for the inherent & much desired tape saturation today....anyway back to not so worthwhile fan noise.

Happy to say Im deep into cd graphics at the moment..... nevertheless, the beast is still misbehaving in the closet!