Author Topic: Christopher Cameron of Thought Guild has passed away.  (Read 874 times)

Scott Raymond

• View Profile
Christopher Cameron of Thought Guild has passed away.
« on: September 14, 2011, 07:37:03 PM »
  I am saddened to tell you that Christopher Cameron has passed away on August 22, 2011 at the age of 44.  I was shocked when Darren told me the news. I knew Chris a little, as we'd met on a few occasions and corresponded over the years. The most important thing I can say about him is that he was genuinely a kind soul and a nice person. Intelligent, kind, open minded, and a good sense of humor. He also happened to be a gifted musician who was all too humble about his talent. In addition to his work with Greg Kyryluk as Thought Guild, he released an album with Jim Cole and John Boiano as Expansion Project, and an album with Robert Dauphineis as TGXT, both of which I heartily recommend. Perhaps his best work has yet to see the light of day. Over a year ago, he gave me a CD of music he'd been working on. He wasn't sure if it was ready, or if he was happy with the results, and wanted my opinion. I told him it was brilliant space music as is, and didn't need any improving. A great human being, and a talented musician, who left us way too soon. Good luck, Christopher.

Here's a couple of useful links, with a little more information. I'll post more as I find out.

http://www.emportal.info/viewtopic.php?p=60163#60163

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/hartfordcourant/obituary.aspx?n=christopher-a-cameron&pid=153260998

Scott Raymond
WVKR-FM
16 Penn St.
Fishkill, NY 12524
newage@secretmusic.net

richardgurtler

• View Profile
    • My Discogs profile and shop
Re: Christopher Cameron of Thought Guild has passed away.
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 11:22:35 PM »
Thank you so much, Scott, for sharing with us these terribly sad news. It looks like shocking news within our ambient community keep on coming. I am in the same age as Chris and it's really sad to see talented people leaving us in this young age. I got in contact with Chris via e-mail through Greg few years ago, when searching for their co-work Thought Guild's "Continuum" album. I was lucky enough to be able to order this masterwork directly from Chris, so I am now a very proud owner of this album featuring even his personalized signature. This album will be always deeply treasured for me, just like their other "Context" album!!! Since then we remained in sporadic pen-pal contact.

My condolences for the family and friends. Thank you, Chris, you will be deeply missed, rest in peace and have a safe journey!!!

Richard

Bill Binkelman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 12:44:22 PM »
Another shocker. The two Thought Guild recordings I have heard are excellent. And to die at such a young age...so sad. I just attended a memorial service for the husband of a colleague yesterday. Too much death lately  :(

My sincere condolences go out to Chris' family and loved ones. Our small but well-knit community has lost another talented musician.
May the odds be ever in your favor.

drone on

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 05:30:50 PM »
I didn't know much about Mr. Cameron, but I do have the Thought Guild "Context" CD and it is excellent.  Very sad, especially at such a young age.   :(

richardgurtler

• View Profile
    • My Discogs profile and shop
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 02:00:56 PM »
Here is one picture of Christopher, taken from the website of Jim Cole/Spectral Voices.

Please note, on Jim Cole's website you can also download for free two albums of Expansion Project, one of them unreleased.

Link:
http://www.spectralvoices.com/expansion_project.htm

Thank you so much, Jim, for sharing this music with us!!!

Rest in peace and love, Chris!!!

Richard