Author Topic: Klaus Wiese Zen Room Positive Zero CD  (Read 1835 times)

drone on

• View Profile
Klaus Wiese Zen Room Positive Zero CD
« on: September 20, 2011, 01:36:34 AM »
I am curious about listener reactions to this very limited edition recently offered for sale.  Any reviews or other info?  Thanks

drone on

• View Profile
Re: Klaus Wiese Zen Room Positive Zero CD
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 12:13:19 PM »
I paid $55 for this album.  There was little to no information, only that it was limited to 100 copies--pressed CD, in hardbound book-style digipak.  Great packaging, I have to admit.  The sound samples on the website were excellent.  Only problem is (which I was not aware of), 54 minutes of this 60 minute CD is one repeating loop, which sounds like a cue ball breaking in a game of pool.  (They should've called it "Pool Room"?)  There's even a round ball on the cover artwork that coulud be a cue ball.  Is this a hint??? Well OK, actually in the loop there is a cool low-drone and cicadas sounds, so it isn't just the cueball.  The 6 minutes of actual music is EXCELLENT! Some great steel cello stuff like on the "Wouivre" CD, and some KW keyboard drones.  But these tracks are like only two minutes apiece.  Then they fade out and it's back to somebody playing pool for 30 minutes.  I think the cueball stuff would've been cool as a 10-min. opener and/or closer, but 54 minutes of it is a bit much.  Can you medidate to this album?  I don't know, I'll have to try it out.  8)   

Wanterkeelt

• Do you know this man ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 02:03:43 AM »
I do agree. Great packaging, but the music is quite a rip-off for me. 35 for that sh** was way too much.

I paid $55 for this album.  There was little to no information, only that it was limited to 100 copies--pressed CD, in hardbound book-style digipak.  Great packaging, I have to admit.  The sound samples on the website were excellent.  Only problem is (which I was not aware of), 54 minutes of this 60 minute CD is one repeating loop, which sounds like a cue ball breaking in a game of pool.  (They should've called it "Pool Room"?)  There's even a round ball on the cover artwork that coulud be a cue ball.  Is this a hint??? Well OK, actually in the loop there is a cool low-drone and cicadas sounds, so it isn't just the cueball.  The 6 minutes of actual music is EXCELLENT! Some great steel cello stuff like on the "Wouivre" CD, and some KW keyboard drones.  But these tracks are like only two minutes apiece.  Then they fade out and it's back to somebody playing pool for 30 minutes.  I think the cueball stuff would've been cool as a 10-min. opener and/or closer, but 54 minutes of it is a bit much.  Can you medidate to this album?  I don't know, I'll have to try it out.  8)   

Campus Stellae

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 02:33:23 AM »
I'm afraid that this cd has nothing to do with Klaus Wiese, his last work is "Science in Decay", which remained unfinished due to his sudden death

El culto

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 04:36:43 AM »
I'm afraid that this cd has nothing to do with Klaus Wiese, his last work is "Science in Decay", which remained unfinished due to his sudden death

You are wrong with this  ;) Klaus send me and Mathias as well the master CD for releasing it on our Musical Philosophy label but I rejected it. So at the end we just distributed a few copies.

drone on

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 10:33:28 AM »
Who produced/manufactured this album?  There is no label information whatsoever, and Googling it yields (excuse the pun) "positive zero."   ;D

drone on

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2011, 05:21:23 PM »
I notice on matrix info on the disc it was printed in what looks like Russian or Czech...