Author Topic: If u could only listen to 1 song for the rest of your life which one would it be  (Read 371 times)

Ekstasis

• View Profile
If u could only listen to 1 song for the rest of your life which one would it be ?

Ekstasis

• View Profile
For me it would be Dolorian - Hidden/Rising
The music just feels like an reflection of my soul it feels timeless for me
I never get tired of it during the last 10 years

Scott M2

• View Profile
    • dreamSTATE
Traditionally I would say Shine On You Crazy Diamond parts 1-9, but I have always paced my listening to a couple of times a year since it was released so as to not wear it out. That's still a lot of plays. It may not fit the question perfectly, but no other piece springs to mind now.

Seren

• View Profile
again, not a perfect fit to the question - but Irllicht by Klaus Schulze - just the first side of the original LP if that counts as a song

Tardigrade

• View Profile
Definitely John Cage - 4'33"

APK

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • DataObscura
Agreed on the Cage piece.
Anything else I'd tire of it it were the only piece I could hear. The Cage lets you concentrate on what's around you.
www.dataobscura.com
http://dataobscura.bandcamp.com
The Circular Ruins / Lammergeyer / Nunc Stans

chris23

• View Profile
    • bandcamp profile
You don't mean a single song on repeat, right? If so, then 4'33" is a creative and perfect answer.

APK

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • DataObscura
If I had to choose something with actual volume it would either be something like Gas: Pop ... very homogeneous music, or it would have to be a nature / field recording / sample piece that was mainly very ambient, low key, environmental and subtle.
www.dataobscura.com
http://dataobscura.bandcamp.com
The Circular Ruins / Lammergeyer / Nunc Stans

stargazer

• View Profile
Anthony, I loved to listen to Gas and his album Gas was one of 4 CDs (amongst Zauberberg and Thomas Köners Aubrite & Kaamos) that I always played for sleeping. This was 18 years ago and now I am writing my own sleeping sounds ; )

I would take my piece Under the stars that I wrote about the Milky Way. I always could stare the starry night skies without getting bored, and this piece (that clocks around one hour) represents that feeling. Otherwise it would be probably a dance track, for instance a Maurizio track.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 11:32:36 PM by stargazer »
"There are the unbiased and fleeting moments in music, which are eternal and imperishable."

Ekstasis

• View Profile
Definitely John Cage - 4'33"

LOL that s funny.  Avantgarde in the highest form
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 03:22:05 AM by Ekstasis »

petekelly

• View Profile
    • LuminaSounds
I couldn't bear the repetition of anything musical - it would have to be silence, or the sea.

stargazer

• View Profile
I couldn't bear the repetition of anything musical - it would have to be silence, or the sea.

Pete I also couldn't bear it. Imagine the Cage piece in repetition and then every minute this ping sound. I would go mad about it. Nature is of course the best entertainment ever. But from time to time some electronic music is just fine. I really would miss my synth sounds.

:)
"There are the unbiased and fleeting moments in music, which are eternal and imperishable."

Ekstasis

• View Profile

Pete I also couldn't bear it. Imagine the Cage piece in repetition and then every minute this ping sound. I would go mad about it. Nature is of course the best entertainment ever. But from time to time some electronic music is just fine. I really would miss my synth sounds.

:)

Yes I agree with you.
Maybe a cd with rain sound? 
I love rain it makes me harmonic inside.

stargazer

• View Profile
Yes I agree with you.
Maybe a cd with rain sound? 
I love rain it makes me harmonic inside.

You bring me to an interesting thought. We have winter and no snow. We are waiting for snow so badly.
A CD with snow noises, wouldnt that be nice? Walking through the snow fields. You even can hear the snow falling. It is so nice!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 02:04:53 PM by stargazer »

Scott M2

• View Profile
    • dreamSTATE
The hiss of falling snow is a beautiful thing indeed.

Scott M2

• View Profile
    • dreamSTATE
And rain.

People (and dogs) have very mixed opinions on thunder though.

DeepR

• View Profile
He didn't say you have to listen to that 1 song continuously. :)

Seren

• View Profile
as long as it is a desert island where there are no sounds of human activity - such as planes, ships hooting etc.
When we had the smoke from the Icelandic volcano stopping flights it made a huge difference to the soundscape and no plane trails disturbing the tranquillity of the skies

thirdsystem

• View Profile
Would have to be - Time Cage from 62 Eulengasse - Namlook / Inoue.

As a back up would also have the mighty Tangs - Phaedra or Rubycon  ;)