Author Topic: If u could only listen to 1 song for the rest of your life which one would it be  (Read 754 times)

DeepR

• View Profile
Anton Bruckner - Symphony No. 8, Adagio

Once every few days should work.

Tardigrade

• View Profile
The thing that really impresses me about good orchestral music is the sheer quantity of musically talented people making all the right musical moves simultaneously.  Still not sure what purpose the conductor serves...

stargazer

• View Profile
The thing that really impresses me about good orchestral music is the sheer quantity of musically talented people making all the right musical moves simultaneously.  Still not sure what purpose the conductor serves...

The simultaneous flow does not happen without the conductor! He is the precision, time and flow of an orchestra.
Conducting
"There are the unbiased and fleeting moments in music, which are eternal and imperishable."

DeepR

• View Profile
But what's even more amazing is the music itself. This particular composer takes a lot of time with his music to unfold. It took many listens over the course of 2 years before I could fully understand and appreciate this glorious 1,5 hour symphony, of which the adagio is the beating heart. It was very much worth getting into and at the end of this journey is a live performance that I'm going to hear in a month from now.