Author Topic: Monolake Snubbed American Fans Because of Trump  (Read 46 times)

Tardigrade

• View Profile
Monolake Snubbed American Fans Because of Trump
« on: February 21, 2017, 05:44:59 PM »
http://roberthenke.com/

Sunday, January 29 2017. I decided that travelling to the U.S. in my profession as performing artist has to be suspended.

I enjoyed the United States for its cultural and social diversity, as a melting pot of different races, opinions and beliefs. For more than two decades I have given concerts, workshops, and talks, and I was invited as artist in residence at Stanford's computer music department. Just now I was in the middle of preparing and planing for upcoming performances. But the current government is massively propelling an atmosphere of hate and fear, which is very much against my own values.

Moreover, by applying severe travel restrictions to whole countries, that government - in my personal opinion - is destroying a big part of what made the U.S. the nation which I've admired. As long as scientists, doctors, students, artists, film makers, refugees and many others cannot enter the U.S. anymore simply because they were born in the wrong country, I don't want to have the privilege to be allowed in. My decision to not apply for a U.S. visa again in the current political climate is a personal act of solidarity with those who have no choice.

cvac

• View Profile
    • The Cratedigging Co-Op
Re: Monolake Snubbed American Fans Because of Trump
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 04:01:22 PM »
Not going to get into a political discussion here but things like this do not surprise me at all.

Tardigrade

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 04:34:07 PM »
In this instance, a not very popular musician penalizing fans to make a lame political statement accomplishes nothing more than disappointed fans.

As a result, I will be hosting a burn your Monolake CDs party this summer.  And that 10 single Monolake wishlist I recently made?  Kiss that goodbye, Monolake!  Plus, I'll never upgrade Ableton or buy another Ableton product again.   

cvac

• View Profile
    • The Cratedigging Co-Op
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 07:56:47 PM »
You should write Henke an angry email.  ;D