Author Topic: My review of "Children Of Infinity" CDr by Eternell  (Read 30 times)

richardgurtler

• View Profile
    • My Discogs profile and shop
My review of "Children Of Infinity" CDr by Eternell
« on: June 20, 2017, 01:34:02 PM »

Eternell "Children Of Infinity" CDr

Ludvig Cimbrelius, the sole sonic healer behind Eternell, is for sure better known for his other highly applauded project Purl, delicately focusing on soothingly hazy introspectiveness with mesmerizing dub techno tapestries thrown in and releasing mostly on renowned Canadian Silent Season label as well as lately also on rising Spanish imprint Archives. However, I was always fascinated by Ludvig's more embracing atmospheric quietudes revealed under Eternell moniker, so when "Children Of Infinity" has been announced on Eternell's Bandcamp site as a limited physical edition of 100 copies, I immediately raised my eyebrows! Self-released since March 17th, 2017, "Children Of Infinity" album comes in a really gorgeous glossy 4-panel digipak with artwork credits given to Russell Stephenson (front and back cover) and to Brian Young (inside art). Very nice job, gentlemen! Actually, both these visual artists are already credited on several other Eternell and Purl releases.

10-minute opener "Abode" straightly carries the listener into sonorously tranquilizing garden, where ethereally contemplative gongs are delightfully amalgamated with nuanced hissy drone reflections, monochromatic intangible expansions, meandering evocative blankets and stringed lyrical subtleties. What a beauty captures my listening room!!! Rasmus Alkestrand is listed as a co-writer and co-producer on this composition together with Ludvig Cimbrelius. "Corona", which is only slightly longer than its predecessor, delves deeply into thrillingly expressive nostalgic terrains, impeccably merging powerfully evocative driftscapes with impalpably remote heartbeat, utterly poignant choir-driven luminosity, elusive string titillations and glimpsing faunal balm with rainy shimmers. Pure magic, Ludvig Cimbrelius serves here infinite aural ambrosia to caress your inner realms!!! On "Moksha" Rasmus Alkestrand returns to the stage and creates together with Mr. Eternell another exquisitely immersing scenario, propelled by persistently droning flatlined immenseness, calmly reverberating and insistently engrossing, and counterpointed by evanescent organic filigrees. Eternell at the top of his deepest sonic meditations! But the vertex of a blissful listening splendor comes most likely with 15 and a half minutes long "Child Of Infinity", when utterly warm drizzling sceneries are meticulously invaded by perpetually billowing monumental vistas revealing breathtakingly expansive horizons. Auxiliary tinkling gossamery contemplations clandestinely sneak in along with ear-tickling emotional traceries. Yet this magnificently engulfing spectacle is sensationally reinforced by lissomly gliding chants guarding above. Wow, a jaw-droppingly absorbing harmony between all aural fragrances brings my equilibrium into absolute heaven. After "Corona" another ultimate Hall of Fame composition!!! Bravo, Ludvig!!! The next piece "Sister" keeps on the path with chanting blossoms, when Lovisa Cimbrelius joins Ludvig with her heavenly voice, I believe, according to the title, it's Ludvig's sister. The voice cushions gracefully commingle with heartwarmingly sublime magnitudes, soothingly riding across gorgeously evocative landscapes of dusted off memories. Marvelously balsamic track! "Puja", next longer piece covering more than 14 minutes, brings back again Rasmus Alkestrand. The composition wanders through enveloping piano, chants and flute infused reveries, delicately enhanced by stringed musings, both poetic and euphoric, and fading away calmly through the curtains of rain droplets. The closing 9-minute "Eden" is featured on this recording as a bonus, this piece was already released digitally during the summer of 2016 on "Portals" album. "Eden" serenely floats on the wings of elated imageries. where lower end subtleties are proficiently fused with spirited glimmers, vivid reminiscences and longing placidness.

Ludvig Cimbrelius excels as a virtuoso sonic meditator on 77-minute "Children Of Infinity", this masterfully crafted collection of tranquilizing auralscapes is constantly driven by his unmistakable insignias, where sublimity, warmth, intimacy and stillness coexist in a truly encircling harmony. "Children Of Infinity" masterpiece must be your everyday's medicine!!! If you still don't know the discography of this tremendously talented Swedish soundscaper, don't wait any second, because all Eternell and Purl physical albums, both glass mastered and pro CDr, are highly recommended!!! And for those, who prefer digital worlds, many other albums are available and not only as Eternell or Purl, but also as Alveol, Surr, Rust, Xpire or most recent Illuvia and Kokong (the last one together with above credited Rasmus Alkestrand).

Richard Gürtler (Jun 20, 2017, Bratislava, Slovakia)