Author Topic: My review of "October Reversed" 3"CDr by Strom Noir  (Read 1367 times)

richardgurtler

• View Profile
    • My Discogs profile and shop
My review of "October Reversed" 3"CDr by Strom Noir
« on: October 09, 2011, 07:49:34 AM »

Strom Noir "October Reversed" 3"CDr

Slovak guitar drone wizard Emil Maťko aka Strom Noir lands with his brand new "October Reversed" 3"CDr EP again on homeland label Ambsine, which is responsible also for his "Luvyoo" album released back in 2009. Strom Noir has received in the meantime enough positive vibes across the borders with his two albums on UK label Hibernate Recordings, "Sen Zimnej Noci" and "Dni Stratili Svoju Farbu". Strom Noir unwraps the album with composition entitled "October", based on rather rawer buzzing looped drones providing denser impact and obscured by hazy autumn weather that is nicely supported by the cover artwork (photography by Peter Nejedlı). A bit of supernal tones and field recordings on the background invade this piece towards the end to emphasize its panoramic mood. "Burning Out" starts by far more natural with repetitive acoustic guitar rifts to capture warmer and actively breathing ethereal feel with dreamy and environmental soundclouds to enrich this composition. Beautifully gracious, mesmerizing and evocative "Burning Out" showcases Emil Maťko/Strom Noir at the very top of his craft, this must be one of the most splendid pieces he ever did!!! Slow motion and static, but slenderly tighter drones dominate the closing "Reversedday", a truly hypnotizing mindtrip!!! "October Reversed" is as much colorful as every autumn, when we look forward to see the changing color of trees. The colors are at their best, just like Strom Noir did with this EP. I can only strongly recommend this highly capable artist, who has in the pipeline several new releases, so stay tuned!!!

Richard Gürtler (Oct 09, 2011, Bratislava, Slovakia)