Author Topic: Review discussion thread  (Read 830 times)

Seren

• View Profile
Review discussion thread
« on: October 25, 2011, 01:29:27 PM »
Thought it might be good to take the discussion out of Joe's review thread: If Mike want's to delete this thread at a later date when we've clarified things a bit I don't mind.

Would using our own names mean I could not write a review? Or just that whoever writes one makes sure their name is on it.

I don't have a blog or website (yet) - I think we might miss some people sharing their experiences of how the music touches them, I know that Joe wanted to share his delight in the Austere release.

Can we have really minimal rules so we don't inadvertently strangle budding reviewers?

mgriffin

• Hypnos Founder
  • Administrator
  • Life is a memory, and then it is nothing.
    • View Profile
    • www.hypnos.com
Re: Review discussion thread
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 01:40:53 PM »
It's completely OK for people to write unsigned recommendations, or to freely discuss music in as negative or positive a way as they like. There's a difference between something more official like a truly independent review, versus an enthusiastic debate or discussion.

Please note I'm not saying there's anything wrong with Joe LP's review of the Austere box set. I'm just trying to find a way to avoid this kind of thing in the future. If someone wants to discuss music in one of the assorted music sections of the forum, there would be no requirement to identify oneself, other than the use of a forum account, which can be somewhat anonymous.

What I'm considering is that in order to post in the "Independent Reviews" section specifically, there may be some kind of self-identification required. If a reviewer doesn't want to use a real name, they should at least post a link to a blog or other means of identifying who they are.

[ Mike Griffin, Hypnos Recordings ] email mg (at) hypnos.com | http://hypnos.com | http://twitter.com/mgsoundvisions