Author Topic: Walking Dead TV series  (Read 1625 times)

drone on

• View Profile
Walking Dead TV series
« on: December 02, 2011, 01:32:10 PM »
I rented season 1 DVD of "Walking Dead," an AMC channel series about zombies (NOTLD plot: dead start coming back to life walking the earth, etc.).  Really impressed.  I've seen my fair share of zombie flicks and really I think this is the best in the genre I've seen since the original Night of the Living Dead.  The zombies are truly scary and horrifying, excellent acting, pacing, and direction.  Makes Romero's last couple zombie attempts look very amateurish by comparison.  One of the producers on Walking Dead is Gale Anne Hurd, from the Alien franchise. 

Dave Michuda

• View Profile
    • Low Light Mixes
Re: Walking Dead TV series
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 02:58:40 PM »
Not much to say other than I LOVE this series!

Scott M2

• View Profile
    • dreamSTATE
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 08:13:22 PM »
Just watched Episode 5 tonight. Only one left in season one.  :(  Excellent series.

Paul Vnuk (Ma Ja Le)

• View Profile
    • Paul's Myspace
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 09:36:59 PM »
I love this series, although my wife and I dropped cable and only do Netflix so I have to wait awhile to see season 2...I did see the 1st episode of season 2 and I am jonesing hard now.

Paul
"I liken good ambient to good poetry ... enjoyable, often powerful, and usually unpopular" APK

darkenedsoul

• View Profile
    • Official Darkened Soul Website
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 02:57:53 AM »
I finally watched the last 3 eps of season 2 I had dvr'd. 2nd last one surprised me about the situation that I didn't pick up on from season 1 while they were at the CDC. Now have to wait till the fall....

drone on

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 09:01:14 PM »
I'm waiting for the official DVD of Season 2 to come out.  Meanwhile, I just rented "The Dead" which is a "B" movie about, what else--zombies-- that has received some good reviews.