Author Topic: KADMAN / SING TO ME SLOWER // RELEASED TODAY ON SLO.BOR MEDIA  (Read 1749 times)

rjennings

• View Profile
ALTHOUGH NOT TOTALLY AMBIENT, THIS NEW SLO.BOR MEDIA RELEASE MAY BE OF INTEREST TO SOME HYPNOS FANS.
BELOW IS THE PRESS RELEASE:

SLO.BOR MEDIA is proud to announce the release of KADMAN // SING TO ME SLOWER. this long-time coming release has been well worth the wait and has been getting some great reviews.

KADMAN originated as the project of David Manchester, a singer/songwriter armed with the influences of contemporary artists such as Iron & Wine, Mark Kozelek, Nick Drake and Elliot Smith. After seven years performing solo & acoustic, David has joined forces with his brother Mitch, on bass and drummer Matt Smith to expand the sound of KADMAN. Influenced by the minimalist beauty of Low and the droning shoegazer elements of Yo La Tengo, the trio experiments with guitar loops and textures and continue to evolve into what is described as neo-american sadcore.

"Far from "just another indie record", Kadman's upcoming release, Sing To Me Slower (Slo.Bor Media), is patient, melancholic, and slightly subdued. Self-defining their sound as "sadcore", Kadman are bolstered by the powerful, resonant vocals of principal songwriter David Manchester, joined by his brother Mitchell on bass and anchored by the gloomy keyboards of Matthew Smith. The emotion is solidified by slow tempos and minor chords throughout.

Epic songs like the near-8 minute "Diesel" and the beautiful tragedy of "Honeymoon's End" are the rule rather than the exception, Manchester's belting with spirited emotion no greater than on "Red Lights" and unapologetic and about as apoplectic as the album gets on the forceful "This is me, take it or leave it" chorus of "Raise The Curtain". The reverb drench of "New Year's Day" is juxtaposed by the beefy guitar rip of "Sorry", and Kadman manages to pack their minimalist sound with all the heart it could possibly sustain without breaking the delicate framework their music is founded upon."

-SENbaltimore

KADMAN // SING TO ME SLOWER is now available from SLO.BOR MEDIA as an old school CD or through many digital services like EMUSIC, AMAZON, ITUNES etc...

KADMAN ON MYSPACE

KADMAN OFFICIAL SITE

SLO.BOR MEDIA

« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 12:08:11 PM by rjennings »

SiF

• View Profile
    • Martin Fuhs - Grauton
Re: KADMAN / SING TO ME SLOWER // RELEASED TODAY ON SLO.BOR MEDIA
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 03:12:13 AM »
Is it 11USD worldwide?
Because i really like the sound
and would be interested in buying