Life Garden & Voice Of Eye - The Hungry Void - Volume Two: Air

Started by Ekstasis, February 18, 2014, 04:31:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ekstasis

I can really recommend this album. I remember the first time I heard it it was on new years eve, the fireworks was outside, yeah such a magic moment... and I drifted away in my dreams..

http://www.discogs.com/Life-Garden-And-Voice-Of-Eye-The-Hungry-Void-Volume-Two-Air/release/325961

nels

There used to be a really excellent label out there called Manifold Records.  They've been inactive for several years now, since 2007 I believe.  Anyway, they released an album called "The Nature of Sand" that included individual tracks by Illusion of Safety, Life Garden, and Voice of Eye.  Manifold also released albums called "Narratives:  Music for Fiction" by Paul Schutze/Voice of Eye/Robert Rich and another called "Guru Means Slayer of Darkness" by Illusion of Safety/Hands To/Bequeen.  These three-artist albums overlap by common artists and make kind of a nice trilogy of dark ambient music.  Many of the Manifold releases are still available via discogs and include the excellent compilations Endless 1 and Endless 2.  I'll have to check out the Life Garden/Voice of Eye collaboration you mention.  Thanks!

ffcal

I've saw both Life Garden and Voice of Eye perform in the late 80s and early 90s.  Very noisy and borderline industrial, but interesting, too.

Yes, Manifold was a great label, and its owner (Vince Harrigan) was a standup guy.  My favorite release of theirs was Aube's "Metal de Metal," which was wrapped in a customized metal casing.  I recently found a copy of Endless 2, which has a copy of one of favorite Robert Rich pieces, "Sunspot Cycle," which consists entirely of processed feedback.

Forrest

drone on

Voice of Eye is awesome!  Heartily recommend their Volume 2 archive compilation, don't know if it's still available.  2 CD set, including a live performance. Another great one is a collaboration with Nux Vomica.

Ekstasis

Quote from: nels on February 18, 2014, 10:34:15 PM
There used to be a really excellent label out there called Manifold Records.  They've been inactive for several years now, since 2007 I believe.  Anyway, they released an album called "The Nature of Sand" that included individual tracks by Illusion of Safety, Life Garden, and Voice of Eye.  Manifold also released albums called "Narratives:  Music for Fiction" by Paul Schutze/Voice of Eye/Robert Rich and another called "Guru Means Slayer of Darkness" by Illusion of Safety/Hands To/Bequeen.  These three-artist albums overlap by common artists and make kind of a nice trilogy of dark ambient music.  Many of the Manifold releases are still available via discogs and include the excellent compilations Endless 1 and Endless 2.  I'll have to check out the Life Garden/Voice of Eye collaboration you mention.  Thanks!

This one is a lot more "smooth" though.