Author Topic: My review of "The Stars And Afterward" CDr by Phillip Wilkerson  (Read 576 times)

richardgurtler

• View Profile
    • My Discogs profile and shop
My review of "The Stars And Afterward" CDr by Phillip Wilkerson
« on: February 26, 2012, 08:19:25 AM »

Phillip Wilkerson "The Stars And Afterward" CDr

The newest work of Phillip Wilkerson, released in February 2012, exposes with Berlin EM school infected "Monoceros", a freshly sequenced and gently uplifting journey to observe one of the amazing constellations while mapping out nocturnal patterns. "Among The Nebulae" is dominated by aerial washes and colored by mid-tempo high-tech grooves that smoothly glide and relax body and mind of each listener. Mechanical tranquility at its finest!!! Long form deep and free floating space odyssey "Radiance" clocks over 21 minutes and explores awesome majesty of immense space realms. It paints moods that transport us to some spectacularly unique dimensions. Phil's crafted soundscaping shines on this beautifully immersing and joyous piece!!! "Endlessly Spiraling" keeps its dream-like quality with little touch of nostalgic mood, and it precisely fits its title. With "Seven Degrees North Of Castor", a warmly pulsing composition, we observe again deep sky targets. Ambient mix of "Among The Nebulae" marks return to peacefully floating skyscapes and captures the magnificence of sublime and idyllic tranquility. Serenely drifting title track, "The Stars And Afterward", closes the album with all its grace. Phil Wilkerson filled this album with passion and optimism, he skillfully bridged and harmonically interacted electronic rhythms with soundscapings. And he ensured that each space journeyer experiences a highly productive night of star gazing. Mastered by Lotuspike's Ben Cox and artwork executed by Brad Ross-MacLeod. Don't forget, also remastered version of long form piece "Radiance" is available as download EP.

Richard Gürtler (Feb 26, 2012, Bratislava, Slovakia)