Author Topic: Ridiculous Ebay Ambient Blowout Liquidation  (Read 5355 times)

judd stephens

• View Profile
Ridiculous Ebay Ambient Blowout Liquidation
« on: March 27, 2008, 10:09:19 AM »
No big deal, just 20- some cd's on sale with some of the finest ambient/spacemusic stars in the known universe.  Artists from such labels as Hypnos and DiN, along with a few Alio Die releases, Oophoi's Arpi di Sabbia, and the list goes on and on.  Folks, what better time now than to tell that special someone (perhaps yourself) you care this, ahem, tax-refund season with an ambient title from the below listing: 

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZjuddstephens

« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 09:39:30 PM by judd stephens »

Bill Binkelman

Re: Ridiculous Ebay Ambient Blowout Liquidation
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 11:09:51 AM »
Some really choice titles you got there, not the least of which is Desert Solitaire, which holds my favorite of all time Steve Roach track, "Flatlands."

Not to nitpick, Judd, but technically, isn't Silence Speaks in Shadow a Paul Vnuk solo release, not a MaJaLe album (MaJaLe is in parantheses on the cover, though, so I understand the confusion)?

judd stephens

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 09:58:11 AM »

Not to nitpick, Judd, but technically, isn't Silence Speaks in Shadow a Paul Vnuk solo release, not a MaJaLe album (MaJaLe is in parantheses on the cover, though, so I understand the confusion)?

Yes, technically you're correct.  To fit what I wrote on the headline of that sale, I used every character, down to the last one.  I couldn't fit everything on the line I wanted to, or it would be Paul Vnuk (Ma Ja Le), just like on the cover of the cd.  Ma Ja Le is one character less including spaces, so it fit on the line, and I didn't want to leave off "Hypnos" or "ambient" in case someone did a search on those two popular words... at least those are words I'll often use to do a search on ebay music  ;)  When people read the description they'll see it's Paul Vnuk of Ma ja le.

judd stephens

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 11:39:45 AM »
Some really choice titles you got there, not the least of which is Desert Solitaire, which holds my favorite of all time Steve Roach track, "Flatlands."

Flatlands, 1st track on the album.  Yep that's such a classic.  I love how that rhythmic cruise is followed by a Michael Stearns-dominated slow motion piece "Labyrhinth"... it's a neat transition.  Some friends of mine in the past always point to that opening piece Flatlands and the opener from Strata, "Fearless", as memorable Roach jams.  They're both very warm and accessible techno-tribal Roach tracks.

Bill Binkelman

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 12:22:01 PM »

Flatlands, 1st track on the album.  Yep that's such a classic.  I love how that rhythmic cruise is followed by a Michael Stearns-dominated slow motion piece "Labyrhinth"... it's a neat transition.  Some friends of mine in the past always point to that opening piece Flatlands and the opener from Strata, "Fearless", as memorable Roach jams.  They're both very warm and accessible techno-tribal Roach tracks.

I fell in love with the track way back when S. Hill opened a HOS episode, also entitled "Desert Solitaire" with it. That was, oh, way back in 90 or 91 I think.

God, how can I remember something that obscure so clearly? I must be diseased or sumptin'  ??? ::)

Brian Bieniowski

• View Profile
    • Quiet Sounds Podcast
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 02:31:48 PM »
the opener from Strata, "Fearless", as memorable Roach jams.  They're both very warm and accessible techno-tribal Roach tracks.

That opening on Strata is one of the best in ambient, in my opinion.  It's like you're suddenly transported back in time to some Stone Age epic!  Awesome.

judd stephens

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 03:13:25 PM »
Just a few hours left on some of the cd's, a day at the most on others...

This is meat'n potatoes ambient here, people, no 16-second introductions from Tony Robbins, my promise.   

Thanks for looking. :)

judd stephens

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2008, 09:37:58 PM »
Here's 7 new cd's up for bid, 4 of which are on the home-network here.  Please feel free & check 'em out...

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/juddstephens

judd stephens

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 06:17:29 AM »
Auction ends tonight: only 1 bid on most of the cd's so far, and at a great price.  Please stay tuned as I'll be adding a bigger auction right after this one.  Thank you. 

judd stephens

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2008, 08:26:45 PM »
Recently added 7 new titles.  Some nice Hypnos releases, Terra Ambient, Antonio Testa right in the mix... 

judd stephens

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2008, 09:42:03 AM »
Added 7 new titles for sale.  A nice variety this time around.  Please see here if interested: 

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/juddstephens_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_mdoZ

judd stephens

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2008, 08:55:00 AM »
More stuff:  Steve Roach & co.  Wachuma's Wave, Tom Heasley, Chad Hoefler, and the hits just keep comin'... check 'em out here:  http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/juddstephens