Author Topic: Alesis Andromeda A6 FS  (Read 2454 times)

Julio Di Benedetto

• Life is a privilege, not a right!
    • View Profile
    • Digtalvoices
Alesis Andromeda A6 FS
« on: April 13, 2012, 06:41:12 PM »
I would like to put this up here before it goes off to ebay......Alesis Andromeda A6 16 Voices Analog Synthesizer:  $1800

Im not going to go into what this is or does as its reputation is well known......I want to let you know why Im selling it for such a price when they are asking $4000+ on ebay, although they normally sell for more like $3500

First there are a few minor software issues.  During heavy programming the lcd screen can go blank.  A click of the program button restores it.  It does not happen often and barely interups programming but still is something potential buyers should be aware of.  Also the screen can get stuck, usaually ENV 2 screen...a random clicking of buttons releases the screen and returns it to what ever parameters you are actually editing.

Lastly there is  cosmetic damage where this board took a fall at some time in its life before I got it....see picture below.  You cant see it unless you look underneath and it has not effected the function of the synth.

Beyond these issues the Andromeda is  functioning fine, auto tune works as do all knobs.

I am not the original owner.  I purchased it in 2006.  It has the manufactures quality control sticker on the bottom that is date 01/26/01

Please email with any questions.....digitalvoices@mac.com

Thanks....Julio

P.S. Studio shot is circa 2009

Julio Di Benedetto

• View Profile
    • Digtalvoices
Re: Alesis Andromeda A6 FS
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 10:17:12 AM »
The Andromeda is no longer available.

doombient

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 03:14:08 AM »
I think I could make do with that three-panel Serge quite as well :).

Stephen
"Honour thy error as a hidden intention." (Brian Eno)

Julio Di Benedetto

• View Profile
    • Digtalvoices
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 04:38:57 PM »
FYI....My Andromeda is back up on the auction block.  Its been serviced and restored. It is playing and sounding as it should!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alesis-Andromeda-A6-/300933094838?ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:US:1123

Julio Di Benedetto

• View Profile
    • Digtalvoices
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2013, 05:12:08 PM »
Sold

Jareds

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2014, 08:49:14 AM »
Does anyone else have an Andromeda for sale?

I'd be willing to pay good money. I want the A6 like this one.

Crepuscule

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2014, 01:35:11 PM »
Does anyone else have an Andromeda for sale?

I'd be willing to pay good money. I want the A6 like this one.

Are you in Europe?

Ekstasis

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2014, 02:30:24 PM »
does the A6 have any kind of unofficial software editor controlled with midi? from what I have heard
it is kind of pain in the ass to program.. but yeah...very distinctive sound..something I can't do with software synths for sure... I need enormous amount of processing to get similar character...

LNerell

• View Profile
    • Personal website
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2014, 03:37:31 PM »
does the A6 have any kind of unofficial software editor controlled with midi? from what I have heard
it is kind of pain in the ass to program

Yes as we all know it's much easier to program a synth that has something like 70 knobs and just as many buttons with a large LCD screen on a computer with only a mouse.   ;D ;)
Take care.

- Loren Nerell

El culto

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2014, 03:54:10 PM »

Yes as we all know it's much easier to program a synth that has something like 70 knobs and just as many buttons with a large LCD screen on a computer with only a mouse.   ;D ;)

Hahahaha

Oh yes indeed, those 70 knobs are just a pain in the ass….the designer of the A6 is obviously a complete idiot  ;D

But thanks god there is at last an "official hope" for Ekstasis to cope with this huge hardware problem:

www.midiquest.com

Ekstasis

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2014, 03:07:34 AM »

Hahahaha

Oh yes indeed, those 70 knobs are just a pain in the ass….the designer of the A6 is obviously a complete idiot  ;D

But thanks god there is at last an "official hope" for Ekstasis to cope with this huge hardware problem:

www.midiquest.com

You can never have too many knobs, it is good for real time modulation expressions. But to program the Andromeda is painful as far as I know, to many multi function button and sub menus, to have a software interface to get a better overview would had been desireable.

The designer of the A6 was obviously not a complete idiot since he have manage to create one of the most unique sounding synth ever...but it has its compromises for sure.

Ekstasis

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2014, 03:09:12 AM »

If the interview have better overview, less sub menus and less multi function buttons etc a software interface to get a good overview would be desirable for sure..  That small LCD display you probably need big glasses to see the text.

Crepuscule

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2014, 02:15:46 PM »
Yeah that is the main reason I'm avoiding buying the Andromeda, too complex to program.
I have 2 offers in my city, one is the special one with the custom limited Hartmann panel for 3k. The other one is the regular silver techno style, but the guy is asking 3500 euros.

If they followed the same method of the V-Synth for programming it would be pure bliss, I have no trouble using it, actually it's a very interesting way of learning synthesis.