Author Topic: Charles Manson enjoys Hearts of Space  (Read 2828 times)

Chad Hoefler

• View Profile
Charles Manson enjoys Hearts of Space
« on: March 27, 2008, 01:28:49 PM »
Warning: Strange Post

My curiosity regarding the community of listeners that enjoys the genres of music aired on programs like Hearts of Space or Echoes, etc. has only grown over the years, yet I have to admit that I was caught off guard to learn that Charles Manson proclaims to enjoy Hearts of Space in this old Tom Snyder interview (at the 6:46 mark).  Just a weird youtube discovery that I had to share.

cromag

• Just slightly off-topic
    • View Profile
Re: Charles Manson enjoys Hearts of Space
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 11:54:33 PM »
Well, that was strange.

Just as strange and chilling were the comments and responses that seemed sympathetic to Charles Manson.
Science News, Vol. 175, No. 9, April 25, 2009, page 1 -- "New mapping of the human genome shows none of us are normal."

judd stephens

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 10:09:07 AM »
That's good advertisement, man.  Music to soothe the savage beast.  ;)  That interview looks old, probably in Hearts of Space's earliest years.  Manson must be in a California prison and could pick it up, or maybe HoS was national way back then.

LNerell

• View Profile
    • Personal website
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 11:07:23 AM »
I remember seeing that interview, it was done back in the mid 1980s. Its just as disturbing now as it was then. He is in California, at the time he was in Vacaville state prison in Northern California.
Take care.

- Loren Nerell

sraymar

• View Profile
    • Steve Raymar
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2008, 09:08:27 PM »
I remember watching that interview. Manson said they wouldn't let him cut is hair or beard so that he'd look like he did when he was on trial for Snyder.
I've seen him in another interview which looked like it was done even earlier and he was alot wilder and vengeful, forget who the host was, might've been Snyder. I liked his line about we're all in prison, there's a little truth to that except we have an easier time breaking out.
Ambient isn't just for technicians!

The artist isn't a special kind of man, but every man is a special kind of artist.

Don't be afraid to grow, give yourself a chance.