OTHER THINGS IN THE WORLD THAN MUSIC > Computers, Internet and Technology

Guild Wars 2

<< < (6/7) > >>

darkenedsoul:
Well so far I think 4 updates over a couple month period. Dragon Reach Pt. 2 was last. Feature pack coming in September with some changes and class tweaks and other stuff. The lost coin ones are annoying since they don't give any spares in case you have trouble getting to some of the more challenging ones (and believe me, annoying is more like it....). But raging on in game!

Altus:
The amount of content they produce for an MMO-style game without a sub fee is kinda crazy. Do they have microtransactions in the game? If so, that would explain where they're getting their money.

darkenedsoul:

--- Quote from: Altus on August 27, 2014, 03:47:52 AM ---The amount of content they produce for an MMO-style game without a sub fee is kinda crazy. Do they have microtransactions in the game? If so, that would explain where they're getting their money.

--- End quote ---

They have a trading post. You can buy mats, armor, weapons, trinkets, sell stuff (certain things, not all). You can purchase gems which is what you use to get stuff like repair cannisters, mining items (pick/axe/sickle when they have promotions on those items), skins (change look of your armor), minis (mini versions of creatures/npc's) that follow you around, etc...check the main GW2 site as it goes into detail about a lot of this stuff. I've dropped a fair bit of cash due to them changing the # of nodes of 2 T6 materials (ancient saplings and orichalcum ore) which are needed for crafting exotic armor/weapons/trinkets (rings, earrings, amulet) due to bot farming a while ago. It seems they added a few more of them to certain maps (they are only available at a few maps). So lots of grinding for those and they are time-gated (once every 24 hrs that you dig/chop/pick them) to I guess balance the economy.  Same for a couple of other things that I got for completing some living story stuff (quartz crystal node in home instance map, candy corn and watchwork sprockets) and those are daily/24 hr wait items once gotten. Feel free to PM me if you want more details. I enjoy playing it, the zergs in WvW/Edge of the Mists can get crazy/annoying. Dungeons are brutal, Fractals of the Mists is also brutal/intense/hard.

Mike

Altus:
Oh man, I've got so many games on the horizon, the thought of attempting to delve into GW2 seems like a mistake. That said, if I ever decide to take the plunge, I'll be sure to PM you. Thanks. :)

Antdude:
GW2 is a massive, content-rich MMO, that has a lot of quality-of-life aspects that make it a better game from a player's aspect than most other MMOs. In addition to frequent content updates, there is also a huge patch upcoming that will address crafting and and make it even easier and fun to make your own armor, weapons, etc. A class update, as well as lots of PVP and WvW updates that are designed to make the game more fun to play without dumbing-down how you play.

I wish I had more time to devote to it, but whenever I do, I always feel like I've accomplished something and improved my characters. And the world of Tyria is absolutely huge. No shortage of places to go, things to see, creatures to kill.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version