Author Topic: Guild Wars 2  (Read 4392 times)

Altus

• View Profile
    • Altus - aural journeys for the mind's eye
Re: Guild Wars 2
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2014, 07:46:11 AM »
I played the Neverwinter MMO for a month or so. It's free, so no harm in trying it out. That said, it didn't blow my mind. ;)
Mike Carss -- Altus : aural journeys for the mind's eye
www.altusmusic.ca

darkenedsoul

• View Profile
    • Official Darkened Soul Website
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2014, 07:53:10 PM »
I was debating on downloading it and checking it out. I play PWI which is also free to play (spend rl $ for gold to buy stuff, etc...in game). But GW2 I enjoy even though I've dropped some coin into it due to restricting high level mats needed for crafting was implemented awhile ago due to bot farming...hopefully they'll add more nodes for the 2-3 items back in that they currently have in a couple map areas.

I have the old PC version of NWN but never really got far into it. Maybe I'll give it a go. Right now it's the last leg/part of the Scarlett storyline in GW2 which is due to end in a couple of weeks I believe. I prefer the fights on the marionettes in Lornar's pass vs the wurms in Bloodtide coast (they are frickin hard to beat....way harder IMHO that lornar's). Finally hit 8k achievement points yesterday (or was it today?). But it's challenging, esp. thei dungeons in there...need to go with people who know the different paths in them. Hard stuff starting at lvl 35 lol. If you are in GW2 I think you can find me as metalmike.8346 or as one of my chars  - any first name (Scary/Sneaky/Cutey/Pain/Quickshot/Siren/Madness) and Kometh as last name. I am on Sanctum of Rall server/world as well.

Mike

darkenedsoul

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2014, 09:53:20 AM »
Feature pack just came out tuesday. Changed hero panel interface, changed crit dmg to ferocity, 40 new traits added (5 per class) and obtainable via doing an event or buying with in-game gold and not sure what else. Sigils/Runes have been tweaked. Some weapons (and even low lvl stuff you craft) now have 2 upgrade slots which is slick. Get replacement dyes for any duplicates you get. Not sure how that is going to go if u id a dye and you have it, will it replace with another random. I got 63 in my stash unid-d for now.

Megaserver which you need to read about. Apparently only lvl 1-15 maps, attempts to put you into same server as others of your playstyle and guild, etc...read up on it. Eventually going throughout  game. I am having fun in Edge of the Mists zerging. Only 2 more vistas in WvW to get Been there, Done that title on ONE char...pain in the ass as it's always taken by other of the 2 groups....

Mike

darkenedsoul

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2014, 09:22:07 PM »
Lots of changes, Traits being one of the big ones. Now you can retrait anywhere not in combat. BUT if you don't have a trait you want you have to either buy it from trainer (coin + skill pts) or do what the info icon says to open it up. Having fun in Edge of the Mists, trying to get my 10/10 metas done for WvW before 5/16/14 when things get reset. 3 more to go. And I still need 2 frickin vistas in EBG (Eternal Battle Grounds) WvW map and it's always green...have yet to see a zerg go after that section. I should ask so I can get my 100% map completion (Been there, Done that title on one char, all left to do on my elementalist....). Still enjoying the game, esp. with the new megaserver stuff, now I am seeing a LOT more people on maps, esp. during events (temples, etc) that before.

Mike

darkenedsoul

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2014, 04:07:34 AM »
Looks like Maguuma is being opened for new mapping/stuff to do area on 7/1/14. About time they give us more map area(s) to do!

darkenedsoul

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2014, 04:13:51 AM »
Well so far I think 4 updates over a couple month period. Dragon Reach Pt. 2 was last. Feature pack coming in September with some changes and class tweaks and other stuff. The lost coin ones are annoying since they don't give any spares in case you have trouble getting to some of the more challenging ones (and believe me, annoying is more like it....). But raging on in game!

Altus

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2014, 03:47:52 AM »
The amount of content they produce for an MMO-style game without a sub fee is kinda crazy. Do they have microtransactions in the game? If so, that would explain where they're getting their money.
www.altusmusic.ca

darkenedsoul

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2014, 04:51:36 AM »
The amount of content they produce for an MMO-style game without a sub fee is kinda crazy. Do they have microtransactions in the game? If so, that would explain where they're getting their money.

They have a trading post. You can buy mats, armor, weapons, trinkets, sell stuff (certain things, not all). You can purchase gems which is what you use to get stuff like repair cannisters, mining items (pick/axe/sickle when they have promotions on those items), skins (change look of your armor), minis (mini versions of creatures/npc's) that follow you around, etc...check the main GW2 site as it goes into detail about a lot of this stuff. I've dropped a fair bit of cash due to them changing the # of nodes of 2 T6 materials (ancient saplings and orichalcum ore) which are needed for crafting exotic armor/weapons/trinkets (rings, earrings, amulet) due to bot farming a while ago. It seems they added a few more of them to certain maps (they are only available at a few maps). So lots of grinding for those and they are time-gated (once every 24 hrs that you dig/chop/pick them) to I guess balance the economy.  Same for a couple of other things that I got for completing some living story stuff (quartz crystal node in home instance map, candy corn and watchwork sprockets) and those are daily/24 hr wait items once gotten. Feel free to PM me if you want more details. I enjoy playing it, the zergs in WvW/Edge of the Mists can get crazy/annoying. Dungeons are brutal, Fractals of the Mists is also brutal/intense/hard.

Mike

Altus

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2014, 04:44:30 PM »
Oh man, I've got so many games on the horizon, the thought of attempting to delve into GW2 seems like a mistake. That said, if I ever decide to take the plunge, I'll be sure to PM you. Thanks. :)
www.altusmusic.ca

Antdude

• I was told there would be no math
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2014, 04:24:38 PM »
GW2 is a massive, content-rich MMO, that has a lot of quality-of-life aspects that make it a better game from a player's aspect than most other MMOs. In addition to frequent content updates, there is also a huge patch upcoming that will address crafting and and make it even easier and fun to make your own armor, weapons, etc. A class update, as well as lots of PVP and WvW updates that are designed to make the game more fun to play without dumbing-down how you play.

I wish I had more time to devote to it, but whenever I do, I always feel like I've accomplished something and improved my characters. And the world of Tyria is absolutely huge. No shortage of places to go, things to see, creatures to kill.
There is no spoon. Which sucks because I have a pudding cup.

darkenedsoul

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2014, 04:43:47 AM »
Antdude, pm or email in game at metalmike.8346 or one of my characters (Pain/Siren/Scary/Cutey/Tinkerer/Quickshot/Terror/Madness/Sneaky (first name) Kometh (last name)). In a small guild (34 people, usually 4-6 of us on as the main folks) and my guild leader is someone I've known from GW1 days lol. We do Edge of the Mists, Fractals (pain in the ...), Dungeons, WvW, PvE stuff together a lot. I been mapping Terror Kometh lately to get her closer to 100%. My ranger has a poi and vista to get for 100%. Ele done. Rest are all 9x % to full map completion.

The feature pack is introducing some stuff, class balancing (ranger getting some decent love finally for that) and other things. The MegaServer made is a lot easier to find people of same language/world/guild on any map (some concept they put into the game a while ago) which I thought was cool.

Mike

darkenedsoul

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2014, 04:38:50 AM »
Free WEEK of Guild Wars 2. Go to the site and register and then you'll be able to play. My contact info is metalmike.8347 I think. Let me know your char name if you decide to try it out in this thread and rough times you'd be on (PST/EST) so I can know when to look for you.

Mike

darkenedsoul

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2014, 06:03:07 PM »
well, halloween is in full swing in GW2 since tuesday. I believe it goes till 11/4 when the living story season 2 picks back up. I don't like the way they changed gems->gold and vice versa but hear it is going back to normal. ATM you can't set the number of gems to sell for gold - bullshit move imho. TONS of candy corn (need 6k to get 6 corn cobs to get a mini bloody prince or carlotta spider, other one zuzu cat of darkness is 12 cobs/12k candy corns - I got it in a drop so just picked up other 2 via candy corns!.

Insane amount of crap from trick or treat bags from kills in the labyrinth. The LICH is a royal PITA that I want to get completed for meta (meta is done but more pts towards achievement chests). MAJOR degen from it and retaliation from other mobs off/on make it a hard one to complete. Oh, then we have the labyrinth horror (giant skeleton with a frickin chainsaw!) that pops from some of the doors...be careful which one you open! AND don't pop more than one at a time (legendary candy corn boss has a 2nd door right next to it). I have only been into the mad kings clock tower jumping puzzle, still sucks! Not sure if I'll work on it before it ends. And only need 4 more rounds in the inquisition to get that meta done. 

I think due to the shorter time period is why there's so much stuff dropping (trick or treat bags give a lot of different stuff, like up to 10 or so different things). Certainly a time waster if you are bored and wanna grind for bags/candy corn! Get yer tuckus in there and raise some hell!