Author Topic: Guild Wars 2  (Read 3446 times)

Altus

• View Profile
    • Altus - aural journeys for the mind's eye
Re: Guild Wars 2
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2014, 07:46:11 AM »
I played the Neverwinter MMO for a month or so. It's free, so no harm in trying it out. That said, it didn't blow my mind. ;)
Mike Carss -- Altus : aural journeys for the mind's eye
www.altusmusic.ca

darkenedsoul

• View Profile
    • Official Darkened Soul Website
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2014, 07:53:10 PM »
I was debating on downloading it and checking it out. I play PWI which is also free to play (spend rl $ for gold to buy stuff, etc...in game). But GW2 I enjoy even though I've dropped some coin into it due to restricting high level mats needed for crafting was implemented awhile ago due to bot farming...hopefully they'll add more nodes for the 2-3 items back in that they currently have in a couple map areas.

I have the old PC version of NWN but never really got far into it. Maybe I'll give it a go. Right now it's the last leg/part of the Scarlett storyline in GW2 which is due to end in a couple of weeks I believe. I prefer the fights on the marionettes in Lornar's pass vs the wurms in Bloodtide coast (they are frickin hard to beat....way harder IMHO that lornar's). Finally hit 8k achievement points yesterday (or was it today?). But it's challenging, esp. thei dungeons in there...need to go with people who know the different paths in them. Hard stuff starting at lvl 35 lol. If you are in GW2 I think you can find me as metalmike.8346 or as one of my chars  - any first name (Scary/Sneaky/Cutey/Pain/Quickshot/Siren/Madness) and Kometh as last name. I am on Sanctum of Rall server/world as well.

Mike

darkenedsoul

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2014, 09:53:20 AM »
Feature pack just came out tuesday. Changed hero panel interface, changed crit dmg to ferocity, 40 new traits added (5 per class) and obtainable via doing an event or buying with in-game gold and not sure what else. Sigils/Runes have been tweaked. Some weapons (and even low lvl stuff you craft) now have 2 upgrade slots which is slick. Get replacement dyes for any duplicates you get. Not sure how that is going to go if u id a dye and you have it, will it replace with another random. I got 63 in my stash unid-d for now.

Megaserver which you need to read about. Apparently only lvl 1-15 maps, attempts to put you into same server as others of your playstyle and guild, etc...read up on it. Eventually going throughout  game. I am having fun in Edge of the Mists zerging. Only 2 more vistas in WvW to get Been there, Done that title on ONE char...pain in the ass as it's always taken by other of the 2 groups....

Mike

darkenedsoul

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2014, 09:22:07 PM »
Lots of changes, Traits being one of the big ones. Now you can retrait anywhere not in combat. BUT if you don't have a trait you want you have to either buy it from trainer (coin + skill pts) or do what the info icon says to open it up. Having fun in Edge of the Mists, trying to get my 10/10 metas done for WvW before 5/16/14 when things get reset. 3 more to go. And I still need 2 frickin vistas in EBG (Eternal Battle Grounds) WvW map and it's always green...have yet to see a zerg go after that section. I should ask so I can get my 100% map completion (Been there, Done that title on one char, all left to do on my elementalist....). Still enjoying the game, esp. with the new megaserver stuff, now I am seeing a LOT more people on maps, esp. during events (temples, etc) that before.

Mike

darkenedsoul

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2014, 04:07:34 AM »
Looks like Maguuma is being opened for new mapping/stuff to do area on 7/1/14. About time they give us more map area(s) to do!